Small issue with my Remora

This is a discussion on Small issue with my Remora within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying my Ruger LCR in a Remora holster for going on six months now and I am extremely happy with the setup. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Small issue with my Remora

Small issue with my Remora

I have been carrying my Ruger LCR in a Remora holster for going on six months now and I am extremely happy with the setup. I had tried Remora in the past with other guns and I didn't like it as the guns seemed to not be very stable. Well, with my lighter wight LCR stability isn't an issue. I am however having one slight annoyance. After sitting down and standing up several time the holster has a tendency to start to ride up a little. I have to reach back and push it down after getting in and out of the car several times. It makes sense as there are no clips attaching to a anchor point like my belt and it's not a HUGE deal. Just mildly annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Re: Small issue with my Remora

I actually experienced the opposite. The Remora holster that I had for my Glock kept on working its way down my pants. My only solution to the problem was to get another holster.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I must be doing something wrong here...I have a Remora Tuckable and a Sticky for my 9mm, and I have a sticky for my 380.. they both stay where I put them and I am in and out of the car all day long. The only adjustments I have to make is for carry position if and when I get tired of where it is which is not often.....Could it be your pants are just a little bit toooooooo loose?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with my Remora/LCR combination. Wearing a belt helps, but if I'm going to wear a belt, I'll use a thinner holster with a belt clip (Galco). As much as I want to love Remora's, they're seeing much less use then they have in the past.

No problem here with either my Remora or Tuff Product pocket carry. Probably has something to do with tightness of trousers... Or since it is a light gun... compared to my 442... that could be an issue...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Yes, with lower-rise jeans. With jeans that have a higher rise, and sit closer to my natural waist, it's not a noticeable problem. Wearing some type of belt (even if it's only a thin dress belt) helps. Also, I notice this being much more of an issue when using a Remora with my heavy S&W 640, than with my much lighter, flatter P238.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Let me phrase this discussion a different way. Many people complain that when they are in their car, their non-Remora holster is in their way; it is in a static non-movable position because it is clipped in place or belted in place but they have to "put up with it" if they wish to remain in control of their firearm while in the car (in SC, you can only carry fully loaded in the car when you are CC--if the firearm is not on your person per CCWP, it must be in console or trunk and, I believe, must be unloaded--it cannot just be on your lap or under your seat or under a book or coat). With the Remora, I do not have to "put up with it" as the holster digs into my waist or leg--I can shift it ever so much and still have it CC but in a convenient and more comfortable position. Odds are the Remora may move but it you know your holster and its preferred position, it is, IMO, not a difficult thing to reposition the holster before you leave the car without even exposing the holster and the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
    Unfortunately, I have the same issue with my Remora/LCR combination. Wearing a belt helps, but if I'm going to wear a belt, I'll use a thinner holster with a belt clip (Galco). As much as I want to love Remora's, they're seeing much less use then they have in the past.
    You're wearing a Remora/LCR combination without a...belt? Or am I missing something here?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    You're wearing a Remora/LCR combination without a...belt? Or am I missing something here?
    Sounds like wishoot is talking about using his Remora with the LCR firearm in it and it is a problem. As I said in my reply, I find it is the best of both worlds for me. Easy to use, I do not like belts and clips but will adjust a drawstring or waist-type strap on sport-shorts, I can move it around for comfort in my car while driving thus maintaining control of the loaded firearm on my person, I can adjust it easily before I exit car to normal CC position. PS: My firearm of choice is a full size but lighter than most FN5.7X28 semi.

Correct. You're not missing a thing. Perhaps my expectations around the Remora were a bit too high, but I was under the impression that these holsters would stay put with or without a belt. Since a belt appears to be essential with these holsters, IMO, I would prefer to use a holster with clips that won't move at all.

FWIW, I've had the same slippage issues using a Remora / LC9 combination too.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good holster, but I've found options that work much better for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I have been carrying my Ruger LCR in a Remora holster for going on six months now and I am extremely happy with the setup. I had tried Remora in the past with other guns and I didn't like it as the guns seemed to not be very stable. Well, with my lighter wight LCR stability isn't an issue. I am however having one slight annoyance. After sitting down and standing up several time the holster has a tendency to start to ride up a little. I have to reach back and push it down after getting in and out of the car several times. It makes sense as there are no clips attaching to a anchor point like my belt and it's not a HUGE deal. Just mildly annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
    ...............and that is precisely why I don't like and don't use my Remora. I carry appendix iwb and everytime I standup I have to adjust the position of the holster.... I much prefer attachment to a belt via straps or hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
    ...without a belt...a holster with clips that won't move at all...
    So you've found better results using a holster with clips that you also wear without a belt? Do you just clip it inside your waistband? Doesn't the weight of your handgun pull your pants down?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

So you've found better results using a holster with clips that you also wear without a belt? Do you just clip it inside your waistband? Doesn't the weight of your handgun pull your pants down?
    No. I'm wearing a belt and a Glaco holster which has clips. I've pretty much given up on the concept of using any holster without a belt. I was hoping the Remora would be an option for those times where I don't need a belt, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Distinguished Member
    I use Sticky holster now but the concept is the same. I carry at 3:00 which works great for me. I can sit, stand, move around and no problem. I'm not the most active and couldn't carry AIWB unless I lost a lot of weight. But just as everyone says, there is no one right holster for everyone. Everyone has differing needs and so choices need to be made according to those needs. I personally don't like clips which make it harder to pull it out when I come to work or put it back on when going home. Or any other number of activies. I like the flexibility that my holster gives me. I can quickly cant it if necessary, or I just feel the need. I can adjust easily while in the car. I may, at some point, get an OWB holster (and Remora makes those now too) to give me more options.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

RKM
    I think the Remora is a great grab-and-go holster, but I wouldn't be using it as a primary holster. I have two of them and haven't used them more than once or twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links