Lefties - Does Anyone Wear Their Belt The Opposite Direction?

This is a discussion on Lefties - Does Anyone Wear Their Belt The Opposite Direction? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious about this, so any of my fellow southpaws wear their belt the opposite direction now that they carry? I suppose this would have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldMick
  • 2 Post By RoadRunner71

Thread: Lefties - Does Anyone Wear Their Belt The Opposite Direction?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Just curious about this, so any of my fellow southpaws wear their belt the opposite direction now that they carry? I suppose this would have a larger effect on belt slide holster wearers.

1. I find being a lefty my holster is more secure and less prone to slipping off when I undo my belt.
    2. It sucks having to completely remove my belt to put on/take off my belt slide holsters.

Catch 22.

Thoughts?

Lead Moderator
    I wear my belt with the buckle closest to the holster side, but thought that was the normal way to thread it. It does keep the holster fin place better for me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ummm, so I wear my belt "lefty" normally???
    I put the buckle on the left hand side, always have - it seems that's how it fits jeans, holster on the right. For my thread-on holster, I put the belt halfway on before the holster, one loop then a belt loop, then the other holster loop, which keeps it from sliding much.

I put the buckle on the same side of the pants that goes "on top" of the zipper. I thought that's how everybody did it lol
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Anybody wear their shirt with buttons on the left side? Its not a shirt its a blouse. Which side does the buckle come on a western two gun belt and holster rig? Come to think of it the buckle is on the same side on a single holster rig. Left or right handed seems the buckle is on the same side?

Well I'm sort of ambidextrous. But really I just mix things up - I shoot right handed, write left handed. My belt starts at the left then goes around the back - tail goes to the left. That's for a leather belt. For the nylon type it's reverse. In any case - the tail goes to the left.

Austin

I'm a Lefty,I wear a Web Belt I made with a double layer of 1 1/2" webbing with a Kydex stiffener glued in the middle and stitched down each side,the "D" rings or rectangle buckle system I use will slip thru the pants loop so I can leave my holster on the belt,and the end of the belt cinches thru the rings and uses velcro on the belt tip to attach to velcro on the belt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lefty, with buckle to the strong-side, here, as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hadn't thought about this in a long time. Being a lefty, I thread the belt so the buckle is on the left, my strong side. I still maintain the "gig line", so the buckle edge is aligned with the pants flap of the fly, not offset to either side. My primary holsters are paddle design, so it really doesn't make any difference which side the buckle is on.

A little thread drift; didn't the military require all belts be threaded the same way, so the end sticking out of the buckle was on the same side?

ETA: Just checked, yes they did: "Belt: worn with slacks so that tipped end passes through the buckle but no fabric can be seen."

Males: 1¼" buckle, end to wearer's left"
    aus71383 likes this.

VIP Member
    I tried to put my belt on backwards once. I almost fell over and my eyes crossed. When my dog started growling at me, I switched back to normal, buckle on the left.
    sioux565 and aus71383 like this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Creative bunch. :)

Women usually wear their belts with the buckle on the right side and their clothes button reverse from men's becase they are made so a servant can buckle and button their clothes easily.

I started a short while back wearing my belt "backwards" (buckle on right). It still feels strange to me, but it does make it much easier to get my holster on and off. So far the dog hasn't attacked me!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

A Lefty here too. Buckle on the left/strong side, Normal!
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

I'm a lefty. Buckle on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldwingElf View Post
    Women usually wear their belts with the buckle on the right side and their clothes button reverse from men's becase they are made so a servant can buckle and button their clothes easily.
    That's interesting. We haven't had servents to dress us in how long?? At my income level, never.
    I only once got a hold of a pair of ladies' jeans that zipped "backwards" and it was annoying, I sold them even though they fit pretty good. All my regular clothes are built the same as men's normally are for buttons/zippers to be manipulated by a right-handed wearer, even the ones made for women instead of "unisex" - and I'm glad, since I can't find anone to dress me.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Sponsored Links