Shield carry

Shield carry

This is a discussion on Shield carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a Shield 9 or 40? Whats your carry method? What holster are you using? Hows it all working out? Thanks R...

Thread: Shield carry

Shield carry

Got a Shield 9 or 40? Whats your carry method? What holster are you using? Hows it all working out?
    Thanks
    R

Shield carry

Dont wanna hijack but Subscribing to this any shield carriers how and what holster are you carrying?
    Pics pleasssssse
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

I don't have a Shield, but since you are asking about carry methods I will chime in.

I just received my hybrid IWB holster from SHTF Gear today and this holster is awesome! A quick search found that they make one for the Shield. S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

I don't have a Shield, but since you are asking about carry methods I will chime in.

I just received my hybrid IWB holster from SHTF Gear today and this holster is awesome! A quick search found that they make one for the Shield. S&W M&P Shield, SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post

Just got my M&P Shield .40 so I'm also interested in this topic. Is the clip height adjustable? If so, how many holes on either side is there? Hows the retention?

Shield carry

I have the Shield .40 (but exact same size as the 9mm) and have used a TuckThis, VersaCarry, and a SuperTuck by Crossbreed. I'm a smaller frame at 5'10" and 160 lbs. I also can't stand baggy jeans etc. The SuperTuck is by far the most comfy for me. Clip height is adjustable and there are 3 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by BekahM View Post
    Just got my M&P Shield .40 so I'm also interested in this topic. Is the clip height adjustable? If so, how many holes on either side is there? Hows the retention?
    Yes, the ride height is adjustable. There are four holes in for each clip to adjust the height. The retention is balanced. I don't have to yank the gun to get it out, but I can jump up and down without it releasing.

The holster is in the picture below with my Glock 27. With the clips at that height, the grip is about an inch above my waistline.
    IMG_20121215_180016_336.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BekahM View Post
    Yes, the ride height is adjustable. There are four holes in for each clip to adjust the height. The retention is balanced. I don't have to yank the gun to get it out, but I can jump up and down without it releasing.

The holster is in the picture below with my Glock 27. With the clips at that height, the grip is about an inch above my waistline.

Maybe not a Shield, but the dimensions of these pistols lend themselves nicely to single-clip IWBs.

This is a SideGuard, but I think my next one would be a High Noon with sight rail, adjustable retention screw, and a deeper cant.

I'm liking double clips more for my larger pistols.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BritishAgent; December 16th, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post

Maybe not a Shield, but the dimensions of these pistols lend themselves nicely to single-clip IWBs.

This is a SideGuard, but I think my next one would be a High Noon with sight rail, adjustable retention screw, and a deeper cant.

I'm like double clips for my larger pistols.
    Is that a Remora mag pouch? How do you like it? Do you pocket it or IWB?

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post

Thanks, I think I'll look into this holster! =)

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    Is that a Remora mag pouch? How do you like it? Do you pocket it or IWB?
    Yep. Both, it really depends on what I'm wearing. It works equally well in either application, but I lean towards breast jacket pocket or cargo shorts pocket depending on the weather. If I'm not wearing a jacket nor cargo pockets, I'll slip it in my waistband.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    Yep. Both, it really depends on what I'm wearing. It works equally well in either application, but I lean towards breast jacket pocket or cargo shorts pocket depending on the weather. If I'm not wearing a jacket nor cargo pockets, I'll slip it in my waistband.
    Right on, thanks.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread! But to the OP: Check out N82 Tactical holsters. It's the most comfortable holster I have, but I do recommend the Professional model if you want to be able to easily reholster your firearm.

You didn't hijack anything. I'm getting almost exactly what I was looking for. I'm not wild about purchasing 6 holsters to get one I like. One of the best things about this forum is others are willing to tell you what they have been doing and show some great pics. It's a big help.
    Thanks
    R

Links