I found n IWB holster thats very comfortable for a big guy!

This is a discussion on I found n IWB holster thats very comfortable for a big guy! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive tried a few holsters that I wasn't comfortable in. They were either too high putting the gun into my love handles, put the barrel ...

Thread: I found n IWB holster thats very comfortable for a big guy!

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar

I found n IWB holster thats very comfortable for a big guy!

Ive tried a few holsters that I wasn't comfortable in. They were either too high putting the gun into my love handles, put the barrel in behind my pockets making it difficult to get my hands into my front pockets, or if I shifted it back to the 4 o clock position it put the barrel over my wallet making it hard to get in and out.
    I found a barely used Bianchi #6X. It has the retention strap I like and at aprox 15 deg forward cant it put the gun but just under my handle and just above my hip bone. Ive worn it for a couple of days around the house and out in the yard and its almost unnoticeable. I can sit, drive, and walk without any problems.
    It does have some things I don't like tho
    Its made of very thin split leather, this lets it collapses when the gun is drawn, and makes it hard to re holster.
    I can get it back in there but not quickly or quietly. If I did have to draw the gun it might be easier to pocket it till I was in a more private place to re holster.
    I think I'm going to carry this the way it is for a while But Ill be looking to have a custom one made that will be easier to re holster and possibly have a pocket for a spare mag, but still have the same angle and carry height. DR

You can see how the gun blends in!

This is what I look like carrying or not.

2. Remove Ads

That holster looks like it will do the job. I am packing a few extra pounds to and the best holster I have found is a Crossbreed Quick clip. I was originally concerned about retention but it has proven to be a non issue. My day job requires a tucked in shirt and the Crossbreed gives me that option. Out of work my dress is the same as yours.

Nice looking holster! Glad you found one that fits your needs. You mentioned looking into a holster with an attached magazine carrier and IMO I would not suggest that. Most people want an extra magazine on their weak side so they do not have to reach over with their weak hand to grab the extra magazine. Just think about it and it will make sense.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I have tried holsters similar. I find that the rough out leather irritates my skin even in cool weather and through my shirt tail and underwear. Plus in theory the "one clip" drags your pants down more than the new breed of "two clip" styles. Glad it works out for you.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links