Ruger SR9C OWB recommendations

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9C OWB recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just started carrying. Fount the inside waist band types are not good for me. I usually carry a .45 Officers, but I want to also ...

Thread: Ruger SR9C OWB recommendations

Question Ruger SR9C OWB recommendations

Just started carrying. Fount the inside waist band types are not good for me. I usually carry a .45 Officers, but I want to also carry my Ruger. What's a good OWB holster that won't break the bank? Can't find any that shops carry for that pistol. I have only been carrying for a short while, so all this seems to be a big hassle so far. I really want something with belt snaps so I can take it off without removing my belt. I have a portly build..

2. Remove Ads

UBG Holsters I've got the Regulator model for a Sig P238, and will soon be ordering one for an XD9. Not bad prices for a custom made product, and lead time is usually less than a month (got mine in 2 weeks). Much shorter wait than other custom shops, but better quality than many mass produced holsters.
    Last edited by MamaMaria; December 16th, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: missed a word
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    Just started carrying. Fount the inside waist band types are not good for me. I usually carry a .45 Officers, but I want to also carry my Ruger. What's a good OWB holster that won't break the bank? Can't find any that shops carry for that pistol. I have only been carrying for a short while, so all this seems to be a big hassle so far. I really want something with belt snaps so I can take it off without removing my belt. I have a portly build..
    I've had good results with a Blackhawk Serpa holster even though I rarely carry OWB. I prefer a paddle holster as opposed to a belt mount. It is an option that will not break the bank!

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I've had good results with a Blackhawk Serpa holster even though I rarely carry OWB. I prefer a paddle holster as opposed to a belt mount. It is an option that will not break the bank!
    This. Have been very happy with the paddle version. One caution, clear and make safe then practice practice practice until you can draw with your trigger finger in the correct position along the slide. Push the release with the pad of your finger and not the tip. Pushing with the tip makes it easy to drop your finger into the trigger guard upon the draw and could lead to a AD.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Links