Anyone use Foxx Holster (Leather/Kydex-Small of the back holster)?

This is a discussion on Anyone use Foxx Holster (Leather/Kydex-Small of the back holster)? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I'm going to get an IWB leather/kydex holster. I know some other women who have had some minor issues with the width of some ...

Thread: Anyone use Foxx Holster (Leather/Kydex-Small of the back holster)?

Anyone use Foxx Holster (Leather/Kydex-Small of the back holster)?

Hi, I'm going to get an IWB leather/kydex holster. I know some other women who have had some minor issues with the width of some of the leather/kydex holsters because they are very small around and the holster is wide, making it a little difficult to mold to their waist properly. I saw this holster Foxx Holster (Small of the back) and wanted to know if this might work for a normal 4-6 o'clock position since it seems a bit shorter width wise? I am small (size 0-2 pant size) and will be using a S&W M&P Shield.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I have been looking for a SOB IWB. This looks like a great one and the price is reasonable. I am going to try one.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Hope it works for you! I'm seriously considering this one, but hoping I can find another woman out there who has used it for some input first.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I have two FoxX hybrid "crossbreed" style holsters, and they work terrifically for me.

One is for my PPQ, and one I am giving to a friend for Xmas for his Glock 32

Do NOT use a SOB holster. You cover your OWN strong-side kidney with your muzzle during presentation & you're putting a dangerous metal object across the base of your spine. So getting knocked backwards & down can go from a painful inconvenience to a serious spinal injury! Like being stuck in the lower spine by a...brick. IMH(but experienced)O, if OSHA regulated handgun accessories, the SOB holster would be illegal.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BekahM View Post
    Hi, I'm going to get an IWB leather/kydex holster. I know some other women who have had some minor issues with the width of some of the leather/kydex holsters because they are very small around and the holster is wide, making it a little difficult to mold to their waist properly. I saw this holster Foxx Holster (Small of the back) and wanted to know if this might work for a normal 4-6 o'clock position since it seems a bit shorter width wise? I am small (size 0-2 pant size) and will be using a S&W M&P Shield.

Thanks!
    Hmm, it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like it's any wider than their regular hybrid holster. The only difference is that it is made with a "zero" angle cant, and it requires a reverse "cavalry" draw (palm out). Ghost Tracker obviously has a lot more experience with the safety of this type of draw, and it echoes my gut feeling toward this type of carry--not a natural draw, and muzzling yourself is a possibility.

I see Foxx makes this holster: "Little FoxX" for Smith & Wesson. Smaller "footprint" with similar hybrid construction (And it comes in pink if that's your thing). I guess I'm of the thought that a little gun on a little person would not need such a big holster. And who wants more stuff shoved in their waistband than necessary?
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

SOB type holsters are better at the 5 or 7 o-clock position, spine carry is just flat bad, have seen a few Officers that wish they hadn't carried there.

I'm sure you ladies know that it's best to contact the maker of holsters and talk with them to sewhetherer or not they make them with the female figure in mind, very few of the female Officers helpeded over the years I worked with could uscomfortablyly male type holsters due to hip/waist/ or torsos length

Thanks for the replies. I am not going to carry "small of the back", I just thought that if it was a little narrower, then it might fit better fit at the 4-6 o'clock position than the regular holster. Obviously I would have to order a lefty rather than a right handed cause the gun is actually holstered with the grip pointed the opposite way. I have sent an email to the owner and am waiting back for a reply about the differences in size/shape. I thought someone here might actually own one to compare it with.

In both my posts I said "4-6 o'clock" position, I meant 4-5 o'clock (just behind my hip).

Quote Originally Posted by BekahM View Post
    In both my posts I said "4-6 o'clock" position, I meant 4-5 o'clock (just behind my hip).
    Are you planning palm facing out or palm facing in? C-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y consider (and then reconsider) any palm outward draw techniques from behind your hip. Why make it so inviting to shoot yourself? Several holster makers (including Galco) already have taken into consideration the narrower, curvy complexities of PPMs (Pistol Packin' Mamas). And I'm not exactly following the dimensional difficulties. Hybrid holsters are, by design, longer than conventional holsters. Since you're petite, why not go more conventional IWB?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I just received my SHTF Gear hybrid holster and it is great. I have it for my Glock 27 and the holster itself is maybe 6 inches wide or so.

IMG_20121215_180016_336.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Are you planning palm facing out or palm facing in? C-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y consider (and then reconsider) any palm outward draw techniques from behind your hip. Why make it so inviting to shoot yourself? Several holster makers (including Galco) already have taken into consideration the narrower, curvy complexities of PPMs (Pistol Packin' Mamas). And I'm not exactly following the dimensional difficulties. Hybrid holsters are, by design, longer than conventional holsters. Since you're petite, why not go more conventional IWB?
    I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm getting my point across very well. With a normal leather/kydex holster, the grip faces to the left (I'm a right hand shooter). With the "small of the back" holster, the grip faces right. I would use a "lefty" because the grip would face left (just like normal behind the hip holsters) and use it in a normal behind the hip position. As far as the width, looking at some of the guys I have seen on youtube, some of those holsters would wrap half way around me. And I know Lima (youtube- Limalife) has an issue with the clips hitting at just the wrong spot. I thought that if the "small of the back" holster was a bit narrower, then it would fit me the way a normal leather/kydex holster fits the guys. I hope I'm making sense here........

EDIT:
    I just rechecked my email and Raymond (foxx holster) emailed me back.... basically the only difference is the cant. I have only heard/read good things about Foxxholster, so I'll be ordering from them. But, if anyone has suggestions/tips, I'm sure I could use them!

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I just received my SHTF Gear hybrid holster and it is great. I have it for my Glock 27 and the holster itself is maybe 6 inches wide or so.

Thanks for the measurements....That does help!

Re: Anyone use Foxx Holster (Leather/Kydex-Small of the back holster)?

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post

These are top notch holsters at a great price. I have three and my wife has one. Love them all.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Ghost tracker I agree SOB can be a real pain in more ways than one, I tried one and lets just say I did not want to pass the pain on to some one else.

Links