Drawing while seated in vehicle?

This is a discussion on Drawing while seated in vehicle? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry in a Remora holster.. Normally at the 2:00 position... When I get into the truck I move it to my 11:00 position (crossdraw). ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Drawing while seated in vehicle?

Distinguished Member
    I carry in a Remora holster.. Normally at the 2:00 position... When I get into the truck I move it to my 11:00 position (crossdraw). It's comfortable and easy to draw. The seatbelt does not impede access at all. In deployment drills I have no problem getting on target very quickly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    There is another thread about Remora holsters and my experience with the NO BELT Remora is that I can adjust the holster while I am in the car for ease of draw and can readjust when I am ready to leave car. I happen to have found the Remora as a perfect holster for my lifestyle and clothing preference with the added advantage of adjustable placement when seated and driving in my car.

I have noticed how difficult drawing in a vehicle can be. I have a dedicated car holster under the steering wheel. I just move the gun to it when I get in the car from my carry holster. Here is a good video on drawing in a vehicle.

Vehicle Drawing and Shooting - YouTube

As a lefty, it is not really much of a problem drawing from the 8:00 position while seated. I do have to lean toward the passenger side to clear the door and sudden movements like that can be restricted if the seatbelt locks up. Getting better with practice but I sure hope I never have to do that for real.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I've experienced the exact scenario the OP describes. Making my rounds which included the PO (we get no home delivery) and needed to unholster my M&P 9c from my supertuck IWB. Very difficult and awkward. I didn't want to get out of the truck and stand up to do it, and frankly it didn't feel safe. Further after coming back to the truck, re-holstering was even more difficult. I may have to change the cant in the holster, but not a good experience.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links