Need advice from the all gut, no butt crowd. Bikers, too.

This is a discussion on Need advice from the all gut, no butt crowd. Bikers, too. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another suspender guy here. Holds up my Ruger P95 with no problems. wifebeater---suspenders and gun and extra mag---tshirt---no problems....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need advice from the all gut, no butt crowd. Bikers, too.

Another suspender guy here. Holds up my Ruger P95 with no problems. wifebeater---suspenders and gun and extra mag---tshirt---no problems.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    I weigh about 300. I havent started carrying outside yet but I found what works for me is a leather iwb above my back pants pocket just a little on the side. Also I found a no buckle belt thats really comfortable. The belt was the best thing i did
    This is good advice right here. So many people go and buy a really nice carry piece and holster, but don't take step three and invest in a good solid gun belt. The belt is just as important as the holster in my humble opinion.

I use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster most of the time to carry my Kimber 1911, and it conceals well on the bike with my normal leather jacket or vest or button up shirt in warmer weather. I also have an OWB holster, but it doesn't conceal nearly as well with the jacket. However, I bought a Miami Classic II shoulder rig a few months ago, and I also like it a lot. It conceals very well with just about anything but just a T-shirt--which won't work! Bad thing is, it's also the most expensive holster I own, so you need to be pretty sure you are going to like one before you buy it! Just my .02. Ride safe.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Good point wth the shoulder holster - I've never tried one on, let alone tried carrying with one. I didn't think I would but I'm leaning hard toward an IWB. Lot of people like the Old Faithful holsters and the level 3 kit is a sweet deal. Get me some 'spenders, pair em with my 5.11 Operator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links