Back Pocket carry for Seacamp 32 ?

This is a discussion on Back Pocket carry for Seacamp 32 ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a Senior (not yet retired), who is completely new to Concealed Carry. As I live in Massachusetts, the selection of Pocket Guns is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RAL

Thread: Back Pocket carry for Seacamp 32 ?

I am a Senior (not yet retired), who is completely new to Concealed Carry.

As I live in Massachusetts, the selection of Pocket Guns is very limited, and I like everything about the Seacamp 32 California anyways, so Seacamp 32 California it is.

(My local Firearms Officer believes I'll be granted a Class A Unrestricted, though with the current backup who knows when it will arrive. But when it does I want to be ready to place my order stat. So I'm doing my homework now.)

But where to carry it ?

My Front Pockets are full with my keys, wallet, leatherman squirt, etc. No room for a pistol there.

Ankle is out. If I ever feel threatened I want to be able to gently place my hand on the Seacamp, without being obvious. With any luck I'll never actually have to withdraw it.

I'm right-handed, and am thinking my Right Back Pocket would be ideal for one of the many Holsters that mimic a Wallet. Am I on the right track ? Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Moderator
    I prefer Front Pocket carry and have adjust what and how I carry things in my pockets to accommodate a .357 snubnose revolver. I suggest you try this first. You can also look into getting a IWB tuckable holster or a Smartcarry but since you asked about Back pocket and wallet holsters here you go:

Actually my go to holster makers don't make holsters for a Seecamp's

I don't use this maker and don't know anything about them, but they do make a back pocket holster for a seecamp Meco Pocket Holsters - Online Order Form
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I prefer Front Pocket carry and have adjust what and how I carry things in my pockets to accommodate a .357 snubnose revolver. I suggest you try this first. You can also look into getting a IWB tuckable holster or a Smartcarry but since you asked about Back pocket and wallet holsters here you go:

Actually my go to holster makers don't make holsters for a Seecamp's

I don't use this maker and don't know anything about them, but they do make a back pocket holster for a seecamp Meco Pocket Holsters - Online Order Form
    Nice looking holsters ! Seems to be just what I'm looking for.

I see they offer pouches for spare magazines. As I think it unlikely that I'll ever need to fire the Seacamp anyways (except at the range, every few months, to keep myself familiar), would a spare magazine be recommended at all ?

I'm thinking if I'm facing that many attackers I'm toast anyways.

Senior Moderator
    Actually the most common failure of a pistol is the magazine. Even if you don't carry a spare on you it is good to have one or two at home. Think of them like spare tires in you car. You have it in case something goes wrong with your regular tire
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Leather Front Pocket Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holster available in 3 colors, Bear Creek Holsters, Texas

This is a great maker; quality work, fast shipping and good prices. The link actually shows his Seacamp holsters.

Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters

Both these guys make good holsters with fast shipping and good prices.
    Last edited by CPO 15; December 21st, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Brain stone

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Actually the most common failure of a pistol is the magazine. Even if you don't carry a spare on you it is good to have one or two at home. Think of them like spare tires in you car. You have it in case something goes wrong with your regular tire
    Good advice.

I think I'll keep a spare at home, locked up with the Ammo.

Better to have and not need than need and not have.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Leather Front Pocket Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holster available in 3 colors, Bear Creek Holsters, Texas

This is a great maker; quality work, fast shipping and good prices. The link actually shows his Seacamp holsters.

Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters

Both these guys make good holsters with fast shipping and good prices.
    These look great !

What about IWB for Seacamp ? IWB just looks uncomfortable to me, but I'm probably wrong.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SalemCat View Post
    Good advice.

I think I'll keep a spare at home, locked up with the Ammo.

Better to have and not need than need and not have.
    Makes it kind of tough to get it if you ever need it doesn't it? That EXACTLY I carry a wheel gun. It ALWAYS works. I am not limited to one ammo only, don't have to worry about FTF, FTE, Stovepipe, or weak/bad mag springs.

IWB for the Seacamp? I despise IWB except for short-term carry in a Remora. But, a smaller gun does make it more comfortable. However, you may have some difficulty in getting a firing grip on such a small gun: try an inexpensive, generic leather-like IWB from DeSantis or High Noon (the Mr. Softy, I think), something that'll ship quick and won't waste a lot of cash if you don't like it.

BTW, most of us have a box full of holsters that seemed like a good idea at the time we bought them!

I do think pocket carry is your best bet; the gun is perfect for it and a quality holster will always present the gun so you'll get a good firing grip.
    Last edited by CPO 15; December 21st, 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Another brain stone!

RAL
    A great holster for the Seecamp is the SneakyPete: - Belt Clip Holsters - Seecamp Belt Clip Holsters - SneakyPete It looks like a cell phone case on your belt. It is OWB but it is completely hidden/disguised and very easy to get to. The comfort of OWB but totally concealed!
    LWS32gal likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Links