Plain clothes LE officer carry?

This is a discussion on Plain clothes LE officer carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ill be in an investigator position. Business attire one day jeans and a tshirt the next. Really it all depends on the duties for that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Plain clothes LE officer carry?

Ill be in an investigator position. Business attire one day jeans and a tshirt the next. Really it all depends on the duties for that day court= suit, surveillance= normal wear. Being from Western NY Im probably going to consult ritchie leather for a cq-qr. If i end up with a 6004 safariland drop leg rig would you guys suggest i get the thumb break cq-qr or the standard open top? Im leaning towards a thumb break even though it will be concealed due to training and memory purposes.

2. Remove Ads

I'd recomend a good OWB pancake holster with a retention snap. Worn strong side.

I have several Ritchie CQ-QRs. I recommend the thumb break, I have one for my G22 and it is excellent.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

Would you guys recommend a iwb holster that would be suitable for either the 229 or the g23 thats not too bulky im really not into the m-tac type holsters. Im thinking about the cq-qr but am worried about longevity and durability. Also how well does it conceal as department policy suggests concealment as much as possible.

also the als is looking appealing my cousin is a sheriff and carries one with her g22. i have to ask what her concealment policy is though.

I can't say enough about the Lobo Leather Enhanced
    Lobo Gun Leather - ENHANCED PANCAKE STYLE HOLSTER
    I use one with a thumbreak for a 686. What I really like best is the way the belt threads through the holster without doubling the thickness of leather.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

I carry a Glock 30 in a Don Hume leather holster. It conceals very well, you might look and see if there is a Don Hume to your liking.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Quote Originally Posted by pzacch05 View Post
    Would you guys recommend a iwb holster that would be suitable for either the 229 or the g23 thats not too bulky im really not into the m-tac type holsters. Im thinking about the cq-qr but am worried about longevity and durability. Also how well does it conceal as department policy suggests concealment as much as possible.

My experience in working plain clothes lends me to recomend a strong side looped, belted, secured outside the pants holster. In plain clothed patrol or field investigative work wearing street clothes concielment is only one factor to consider. I'd take security of the firearm to be a mite more important than concielment, or comfort. A uniformed officer is tasked to do what ever assgnment he gets called to. His need to use his firearm is much less likely than a plain clothed officer and far less likely to get into a physical altercation. Plain clothed officers assignments tend to be crime related, and criminal intensive. A holster that will keep the gun from dumping out during a tussle is in order. A holster that cant be torn from the body is better. For a plain clothed policeman the firearm is a working tool as much as if he were in uniform. A concieled holster should afford the P/C officer the same protection, and security a uniformed officer enjoys in his holster.
    royal barnes likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links