OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster - Page 2

OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster

This is a discussion on OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunmetal Are you sure? If it's a RH holster, it seems to me you could use it on the left as a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal View Post
    Are you sure? If it's a RH holster, it seems to me you could use it on the left as a cross-draw (butt of gun facing forward) if you were so inclined.
    oops... shows that my spacial visualization is working real good

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Dang it, Eric beat me to it. I'd suggest a little more cant, rotate the barrel to the rear just a little will make a big difference as how the pistol rides and feels.

Two Minor Points...

I have found two things to assist in comfort for 'strong side' carry (IWB)...and I only prefer IWB.
    I too have a FEW extra holsters collected in finding that right fit.

1.) I have found that a small forward cant (15-20 degrees) really helps with comfort and fit.

2.) I now make sure that I always order a 'body protector' with my purchases...that is...a small, extra piece of leather that extends above the holster to cover any part of the hammer that might touch the skin (or t-shirt).

These two efforts have made things very comfortable for CCW.

My body type? 'Round' is a type isn't it?

Stay safe...and comfortable!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have found two things to assist in comfort for 'strong side' carry (IWB)...and I only prefer IWB.

1.) I have found that a small forward cant (15-20 degrees) really helps with comfort and fit.

2.) I now make sure that I always order a 'body protector' with my purchases...that is...a small, extra piece of leather that extends above the holster to cover any part of the hammer that might touch the skin (or t-shirt).

ret
    All of the above, and I usually carry somewhere between 3:00 - 4:00

I wear mine on the flat of my hip at 3 O'clock. It's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. (I'm 6' 2" and 190).

I've got 5 holsters for my XD9 SC and my favorite is my High Noon "Split Decision". It has a 15 degree cant and fits perfectly at my 3 without digging. It's not as sexy as some of the other holsters, but I can sit without it digging into my side. Good luck with your search for the perfect IWB holster!

OK... I think I am getting there. I gave it a lot of cant (2 hole difference) And while it still does not allow me to sit straight up it dissapears if I lean a little bit sideways (kind of a slump on an arm rest).

I think I'll be still ordering another holser but for now this one will get me through for now.

Cant and placement is a key to why some don't work. Going to almost 3:30 helps with some. Hope you get it worked out, if not look and try to see why it didn't work for you.

Crossbread

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

ret
    You mention the "body armor". That is the thing I love about the CrossBread holster, the leather covers the entirety of the gun. I am on my second gun and holster with these and love them. I am not sold on the tuckable solution, mainly because there is an obvious bulge with a G30 under a tucked in shirt. But with an untucked shirt, they are great. I am looking for a good pocket gun and holster for the days I must tuck....

For the record, I'd just like to add that the Crossbreed Supertuck holds my XD subcompact very nicely and comfortably. I wear it at around 3 or 3:30 and never have a problem with it digging into me. In fact, it's the most comfortable holster I have.

I got the adjustable option and I tilt my gun forward a bit so that the grip handle doesn't stick out so far towards the rear, but lays up against my body more, giving me a closer fit and less chance to print.

Hope you get it figured out!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Quote Originally Posted by Mojoski View Post
    For the record, I'd just like to add that the Crossbreed Supertuck holds my XD subcompact very nicely and comfortably. I wear it at around 3 or 3:30 and never have a problem with it digging into me. In fact, it's the most comfortable holster I have.

I got the adjustable option and I tilt my gun forward a bit so that the grip handle doesn't stick out so far towards the rear, but lays up against my body more, giving me a closer fit and less chance to print.

Hope you get it figured out!

Hmmm I'm thinking I'll have to punch another hole (or two) and see what happens. I think that more cant might be beneficial although dropping it lower might be even more beneficial. I have my hole punching tool someplace so I might have to experiment some more.

I wear a Tucker "Answer" (for almost a year now) with both my XD .40 Sub and Service and sitting is not a problem what-so-ever. The first 3 or 4 days of owning it I thought I had made an expensive mistake; but after a few days of adjustments and some breaking in it is incredibly comfortable.

And as always a good gun belt is a must.

Update

OK, while waiting for another holster to arrive I've been using and playing around with the crossbreed. I think the trick was that it had to break in and I had to get used to it a bit. It does not dig into my ribs anymore. It's also possible that after few days I finally found the sweet spot for it :)

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.

You will find that with some new holsters, and after wearing and adjusting them around a little they mold to you and become quite comfortable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links