OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster

This is a discussion on OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got the crossbreed IWB holster with XD SC which seems to be pretty comfortable while walking but the second I try to sit, it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK... so how do you sit? CrossBreed Holster

I got the crossbreed IWB holster with XD SC which seems to be pretty comfortable while walking but the second I try to sit, it digs into ribs and is altogether uncofortable. I tried adjusting it in every possible direction (I think I tried every combination of the holes) but either I'm too damn skinny and I'm SOL or I am just missing something obvious.

Any suggestions?

Lead Moderator
    Alot depends on gun location, type and your body type. I can easily wear my 1911 from 8-10 o'clock position(LH) and sit just fine. Perhaps a diffrent holster might work.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Alot depends on gun location, type and your body type. I can easily wear my 1911 from 8-10 o'clock position(LH) and sit just fine. Perhaps a diffrent holster might work.
    Well, I'm about 5'7" and on the skinny side. I had the holster on my right side (3 o'clock?). I tried moving it back to about 4~5 and then it was digging into my back

Lead Moderator
    Is the leather digging in? if so perhaps some mink oil or other leather softener on the top might be in order. Also , contacting the maker might lead to some good ideas.
    I see you carry a XD sc . the short barrel might be causing the gun to tilt the top toward your ribs more than a longer gun would. I used to carry a PT 140 that would do the same.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    No offence to that rig but - it would seem that for you - it sure ain't cuttin' it!!!

This is one reason why we finish up with the ubiquitous ''box'o'holsters'' - some work, some don't.

If cover options allowed I'd say, try OWB if possible too. My Eagle Defender holds in real tight but - not so much that sitting is any problem.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Is the leather digging in? if so perhaps some mink oil or other leather softener on the top might be in order. Also , contacting the maker might lead to some good ideas.
    I see you carry a XD sc . the short barrel might be causing the gun to tilt the top toward your ribs more than a longer gun would. I used to carry a PT 140 that would do the same.
    It's not the leather, it's the grip. The way it's sitting it doesn't seem like the short barrel would be the problem as it would "rotate" away and not dig as hard into the ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    No offence to that rig but - it would seem that for you - it sure ain't cuttin' it!!!
    That's what I'm thinking. It's a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET rig but it just doesn't do it. I'm going to a local gun show tomorrow and I'm hoping that they will have some sort of a maker on the spot so that I can "try out" a holster.

This is one reason why we finish up with the ubiquitous ''box'o'holsters'' - some work, some don't.
    Looks like I got my first one for the collection.

If cover options allowed I'd say, try OWB if possible too. My Eagle Defender holds in real tight but - not so much that sitting is any problem.
    OWB won't work. I'd have to change pretty much the way I dress so I'll leave that as a last resort.

Lead Moderator
    Seems like the shorter barrel tended to dig in more for me, but not all people are built the same. OWB might be the way you need to go for comfort. Just read your post. Sorry no other advice.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Seems like the shorter barrel tended to dig in more for me, but not all people are built the same. OWB might be the way you need to go for comfort. Just read your post. Sorry no other advice.
    I just tried it with a tactical XD (got a .45 GAP) and it's about the same problem. Oh well...... live and learn. But yeah, the holster is really nicely made. Just doesn't fit me. I'll probably still call them on Monday though: they might have some sort of an advice for me.

more than likely its the holster some just dont fit and dig into your side

Just for kicks try carrying crossdraw at about 10 oclock I know it's not the best but it does work for some people esp. ones who sit down a lot.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Quote Originally Posted by frostyeyes View Post
    Just for kicks try carrying crossdraw at about 10 oclock I know it's not the best but it does work for some people esp. ones who sit down a lot.
    Can't do that with that holster: it'd have to be flipped around.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Sounds like the holster has the wrong cant/rd ht/lack of a body shield for your chosen carry position. The holster could also be made so it turns the gun into the body for more concealment...some makers do that with certain models. Either way....Id tend to agree...just not gonna cut it for you.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I use a Max Con V at about 4:00 and can sit for hours and barely notice the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Can't do that with that holster: it'd have to be flipped around.
    Are you sure? If it's a RH holster, it seems to me you could use it on the left as a cross-draw (butt of gun facing forward) if you were so inclined.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links