G20 OWB holster

This is a discussion on G20 OWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have my smoke wagon on the way a G20SF I've decided on some decent mild ammo to use tell I can load some to ...

Thread: G20 OWB holster

G20 OWB holster

I have my smoke wagon on the way a G20SF I've decided on some decent mild ammo to use tell I can load some to speeds I like. But, I have never carried a large frame glock generally a 1911 I would like your feed back on a quality holster my only requirements are this. I don't like a thumb break also I would prefer leather as I find it much more comfortable and classy. All your answers I'm sure will be very helpful. I tend to prefer something that rides high on the right side as well.

2. Remove Ads

I like leather too. But I have got to tell you, the G20 is not a small gun and the best holster I have found to carry it in is the Glock Sport/combat. It holds it close for concealment, is sturdy and stable, and doesnt add to the width.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Generally I carry my government which is quite a large gun albeit not nearly the width of glock. I'm kinda retiring my 38 super wanted something with the same spirit not the norm with plenty of oomph that would shine on the reloading bench. I've only fired one g20 I really enjoyed the power yet controllability. Having always carried OWB with a full size weapon my wardrobe reflects such. As I generally were button ups in July. I've read good things about the sport holster. However is there any type of retention adjustment?

No, Glock built the holster to fit their gun. It kind of clicks in around the trigger guard.

Lets put it this way; You can hold the holster upside down and shake it, and it wont come out. It has to be jerked like you mean it.

Care for the holster is rinse off with water and dry. Or put it in the dishwasher with your Glock:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

That will be well worth a try from what I recall my local dealer had some of those at one point I will see if he will order one for me. My G20sf will be in hopefully Thursday as will a little bit of ammo to get me started tell I can roll my own. Being a 10 mm fan I would like to run a load by you that I found in my accurate manual I'm planning on going with a 180 gr XTP with a healthy dose of no 9 the manual shows 1100-1250 for this perticular bullet and powder combo. I'm going to set down and try and hit 1200 even which according to the manual is doable. Will the stock barrel handle the pressure ok is my only concern. I try and be as safe as possible with my loads and have heard Glocks are a tad bit touchy. This will be my carry load if it shoots well. Should make about 575 ft/p

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    That will be well worth a try from what I recall my local dealer had some of those at one point I will see if he will order one for me. My G20sf will be in hopefully Thursday as will a little bit of ammo to get me started tell I can roll my own. Being a 10 mm fan I would like to run a load by you that I found in my accurate manual I'm planning on going with a 180 gr XTP with a healthy dose of no 9 the manual shows 1100-1250 for this perticular bullet and powder combo. I'm going to set down and try and hit 1200 even which according to the manual is doable. Will the stock barrel handle the pressure ok is my only concern. I try and be as safe as possible with my loads and have heard Glocks are a tad bit touchy. This will be my carry load if it shoots well. Should make about 575 ft/p
    I have found either Blue Dot or 800x to give the highest velocities. I routinely get about 1300 fps from my G20 with the Hornady 180xtp ( however, I have been known to press the limits). The Glock barrel will handle anything, its the brass you need to watch for " smiles " which are a sign of extreme wear from use.
    Make sure you get the holster for the large frame, as they make one for both frame sizes.

With max powder which would be 1250 at 13.5 grs no 9 according to my manual would be 34,000 cup which from my understanding is well with in safe working. I'm trying to limit powders I stock right now I use tight group for lighter loads such as my cowboy loads for 45lc and plinking ammo in 38 super and no. 9 for defensive ammo as I can get a little more oomph with my super gun and maintain superb accuracy. Every thing I've read seems to point me to blue dot though. Hopefully I don't sound like a newb but being this is my second Tupperware pistol first being a g19 I should have kept. What is the infamous glock smile. I've seen bulged cases near the case webbing in photos is this the same.

It is a crease that forms on the case in the shape of a smile ) , except horizontal.

I understand the keeping things in stock to a minimum. Blue Dot and 800x are to the 10mm what 2400 and H110 are to the revolver magnums. However, I can make due with Unique in them for 90 percent of my needs. I even use Unique in the 40 and 45acp.

Really, a 180 weight bullet traveling along at 1150 fps is pretty damn good for about anything you would want to do with it. Velocity is overrated many times:)

Amazon.com: Galco Concealable Belt Holster for Glock 21, 20: Sports & Outdoors

This is what I carry my G21 in. Holds tight to the body but like others have said, it is a big gun to conceal! I generally only carry it when I on a heavier jacket etc.

Thank you twisted sweeper we kind of got off topic there for a bit. That looks like a very comfortable holster. I've been thinking maybe trying a shoulder rig for it. I like galco a lot wonder if they have it in tan. Anyone know the size difference in a g20/21 vs a XDm I have a similarly holster for a xd.

I carry mine a custom made leather holster from my uncle. The only time I really carry it is when I hunt. I feel that it is just a tab bit over sized for EDC.

VIP Member
    I have a Fist #7 that I like a lot for my G21 OWB. Should also fit the G20 the same. I highly recommend it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links