Wilderness Belts and IWB Clips

This is a discussion on Wilderness Belts and IWB Clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am waiting for my tucker IWB holster to arrive. I will be using V Clips with a leather belt most of the time. I ...

Thread: Wilderness Belts and IWB Clips

Wilderness Belts and IWB Clips

I am waiting for my tucker IWB holster to arrive. I will be using V Clips with a leather belt most of the time. I am thinking about ordering a Wilderness type belt to wear at other times. I was looking at a picture of the standard clips and was curious if these belts were thick enough to work well with the clips. I am guessing since the holster will be hanging from it and not flexing from side to side too much it will be ok.

Anyone use this combo?

Is there a difference between the wilderness belt and the ones from 5.11?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

The standard clips on my C-Tac hold onto my Wilderness belt fine, once I had the retention screws adjusted properly. Don't know how similar the design of the Tucker clips is to the C-Tac clips. The clip on my Crossbreed Qwil Clip holds the belt well too.

Thanks. I will have to look around some more for pics of the two different clips. I knew nothing of retention screws. This will be my first IWB with these type of clips.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The standard Wilderness belt is plenty stiff for me and I am sure it works with any clip---I too use the C-Tac with c-clip. The 1.5 inch width fits the loops on all of my jeans and is the recommended width for many leather holsters too, which typically have 1.75 inch belt slots. The belt can be ordered in 1.75 inch width if you need it.

The Wilderness also comes in a super-stiff version with an extra piece of plastic, I think it's the "combat shooter's" model. Good if you have a lot of weight on the belt besides the holster, pistol, and a couple of extra magazines.

I like Wilderness belts (I have 2 in different lengths, one for IWB and one for OWB). I also like to keep the belt concealed along with the pistol, because sighting one makes me think "gunslinger".

Standard Clips

I have an Answer on the way from Tucker and have ordered both the v clips and the standard clips. While I was talking to Rob He mentioned that they get their kydex from C-tac. If this is the case, I figure the belt clips are the same from both companies.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Links