Pocket carry suggestions

Pocket carry suggestions

This is a discussion on Pocket carry suggestions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for options for pocket carry. In the last 4 months, I've started a new job in an office and cannot carry my regular ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pocket carry suggestions

Pocket carry suggestions

I'm looking for options for pocket carry. In the last 4 months, I've started a new job in an office and cannot carry my regular M&P9c/Supertuck comfortably. I'm looking for something that I can pocket carry and conceal completely.

For the gun itself, I'd prefer something in the .38 special/9mm range, I'm just not sure what out there is feasible for front/back pocket carry on a daily basis when I'll be sitting all day.

Thanks for the help.

S&W J Frame (442/642 models in .38spl and capable of handling +p loads) are what many of us view as the quintessential pocket guns. Many use Mika or Desantis Nemesis pocket holsters. The Ruger LCR is another popular revolver.

There are many new single stack 9mm pistols hitting the market that are quite popular as well for pocket carry. The Beretta Nano, M&P Shield, Sig P938, Kahr CM9 and PM9, etc....

Many good options in those calibers. It will all boil down to what you want to carry.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

What's your price range?

S&W 642/442, M&P Shield, Ruger LC9, Sig P938, Kel Tec PF-9, Kahr CM9, or if you'd consider a 380 I really like my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380. It is VERY concealable great for pocket carry and with todays ammo it's enough firepower in my opinion to take out an assailant.

Check out this BG380, comes with a DAO trigger, built in laser, repeat strike capability (if a primer doesn't fire just pull the trigger again), lightweight, small, slide locks after last round, black melonite finish, this thing is built like a tank!
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...2_757751_image

The J-frame is what I would prefer, I'm just not sure whether that's an option I want to go with because there might be some days where rear pocket carry is necessary. I wish the Shield were a little smaller, my uncle got one for my aunt for Christmas so I was checking it out last night, I'm just not sure what is the smallest while being reliable. The LCP would be great in a 9mm, haven't got a chance to check out the LC9 yet but that might be a viable option, though it looks like it may be similar in size to the Shield

And as far as price range, $400-500 would be doable, can't see paying any more than that since my 9C was in that range without the lasergrip

consider the lcr in .38 cal..only 13.50 ozs.nice trigger w/hogue tamer grips..i pocket carry the lcr daily in a Desantis Nemesis with no problems..
    lnferno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgilbert View Post
    And as far as price range, $400-500 would be doable, can't see paying any more than that since my 9C was in that range without the lasergrip
    The BG380 makes a perfect little mate to the M&P 9c, I have the M&P 40c and a BG380. At under in inch width and 5.25 overall length and under 12 oz unloaded you could definitely carry in both front or back pocket comfortably. And since you like lasers, this BG380 comes equipped with an insight laser built in!

BODYGUARD 380 - Smith & Wesson

Here is a BG380 in a DeSantis wallet style holster...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008CX...dir_mdp_mobile

Get a smith 642 without the lock ....and a good pocket holster made for it.
    gasmitty likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

My pocket carry is the S&W 642 or BG .380. 642 in a Mika pocket holster, goes everywhere, all the time. If the pocket is deep enough, that's where it goes, even when I carry the M&P 40 FS. When my pockets and pant legs are too short, I'll find somewhere to tuck the .380.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Luckey1115 View Post
    My pocket carry is the S&W 642 or BG .380. 642 in a Mika pocket holster, goes everywhere, all the time. If the pocket is deep enough, that's where it goes, even when I carry the M&P 40 FS. When my pockets and pant legs are too short, I'll find somewhere to tuck the .380.
    Same here only I don't have my 442 yet but for now my BG 380 is my BUG to the M&P40c. But definitely getting a 442 with tax returns!

I am happy to carry the Ruger LCR with a DeSantis holster.

for easy pocket carry i would look at the kel tec p3at and/or the ruger lcp. i pocket carry a p3at all the time, no matter what i got on.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

A j frame sized revolver of your choice gives a good balance of power/weight. It is an excellent option, and is much more 'popular' than you may think.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

the biggest gun i can comfortably pocket carry is a 32. Might just be me but I did not feel I could get the small 9's in and out of my pocket easily.

just my opinion.

I have a colt mustang however do to rising cost of a replacement in the advent of seizure I switched to a ppk though a small revolver is an excellent choice my snubby of choice has always been a detective special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links