New Ranger Gun Leather Rig/Review!

This is a discussion on New Ranger Gun Leather Rig/Review! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am in a predicament with needing a holster and I have a training class coming up on the 22nd and several actually scheduled ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ranger Gun Leather Rig/Review!

New Ranger Gun Leather Rig/Review!

So I am in a predicament with needing a holster and I have a training class coming up on the 22nd and several actually scheduled through April of next year and I joined a shooting club at the same place I am training at that meet's once a month as well. I really don't have what I am looking for in my collection of holsters that I want to use. So I called up Gary B. a while back and ordered a couple of Def-Con's for this training and club shoot's. As we all know Gary has been down with his back and all and has fallen behind with orders respectfully so I was in need of some quick turn leather that fit my need's.

I got to looking a this cat named Greg Dunn with Ranger Gun Leather. I thought yes but the guy is new to the game, I'm not going to be happy with it I'm sure, etc, talking myself out of not ordering from him because we are so spoiled here (at least I am) with some of the best in the business it is hard for me not to compare and say to myself that I don't want less than what I can get from....enter name here ________.

Let me tell you that it would have been a mistake to have let that stop me from ordering from Greg. As far as I'm concerned he is an up and coming in this business and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box he sent me containing my new Evolution holster and mag pouch. I thought WOW, this is better than I thought it was going to be, I thought WOW, I really like the look's of this holster, I thought WOW, look at that this nice mag pouch I ordered and wanted a retention screw with double mag. I thought WOW, this holster feel's as nice as it look's. I thought WOW my expectations have been met, WOW.

The holster and mag pouch sit on my waist quite nicely and the cant to the holster is perfect for what I want, fit's snug to the body and even with a tee shirt on it is barley detectable that I am even wearing it. So I got a bonus I didn't expect, I can actually wear this set up as an EDC if wanting to use OWB. For what ever reason I really didn't expect that I would be able to.

Boning is light with this holster which is fine with me because drawing is slick and easy but has just the right amount of retention. The mag pouch is also a nice addition and with the retention screw that I asked for it turned out to be just what I wanted.

The Evolution is missing a few “detail” touches found in the top makers but it is not much and I don't care because that is not what I was looking for, I was looking for a durable, rugged leather holster that will allow me to train and be at my side when I need it to be and that is exactly what I got from Greg and Ranger Gun Leather.

End result, Very pleased and well worth your time to check Greg out.

Some pic's, I went a little crazy with them but I think that you should know and see just how nice of a rig this is. I took the on the body shot's myself so I was shooting blind basically, be nice!

ETA: Greg's website. http://www.rangergunleather.com/

Ti.
    Last edited by Ti Carry; October 14th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Good looking leather!!! We are spoiled by the craftsmen on this site. Congrats on the holster set.

Wow,

Thank you for the review.

This was the 3rd holster of this series that I have made, each one is getting better detail wise. Being a perfectionist there are always things that I wish to improve, and with time and customer feedback I intend to keep my goal of providing gear that is affordable and reliable.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Greg,

Can you make the evolution for the XD pistol?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Airedale, go here http://www.rangergunleather.com/ and look under giudelines. He's got you covered it look's like.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Greg, That is some nice leather work sir !!
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Great looking holster

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Airedale, go here http://www.rangergunleather.com/ and look under giudelines. He's got you covered it look's like.

Ti.
    Thanks!
    And Greg has already sent me a PM on this. Pretty quick responce for a Saturday night.
    Dave

VIP Member
    If this keeps up Combat Carry will have the holster market cornered. Man have we got some real leather artists on this board.

Greg, great work. Congrats, Ti, for not talking yourself out of that holster.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

very, very nice !

like Ti I also looked at Greg Dunns work and last week ordered the evolution holster without the reinforced mouth to make it even thinner and while I was at it decided to get a new belt also, at this point I am patiently awaiting my order to come in 2 to 3 weeks for a custom made holster not bad at all in my book. Can you work Sat's. and Sundays Greg I want it now LOL
    Thanks Tom
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

I ordered an Evolution cross draw reinforced brown for my XD.

It should be to me in 2-3 weeks.

I like the looks of Ti's 1911 rig. I may need one of those too!

Dave

Lead Moderator
    Very nice holster and mag pouch.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I appreciate all of your comments and business, I like making things.

I am working on an IWB holster prototype as we speak and hopefully will have it available for comment within the next few days.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

los
    IT REALLY SUCKS.....that I'm not the owner of that beautiful rig!!...:)

Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links