Comp-Tac Infidel

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Infidel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody have one of Comp-Tac's new Infidel holsters? I'll probably get one soon for my Sig 220. It basically looks like all of their IWB ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Infidel

Comp-Tac Infidel

Anybody have one of Comp-Tac's new Infidel holsters? I'll probably get one soon for my Sig 220. It basically looks like all of their IWB holsters in one. Very versatile.

2. Remove Ads

I am waiting for their XD version of that model to come out..... looks like a good kydex holster; slimdown version of the C-TAC.

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

And even more versatile.

Yep, just got one for a Glock 22...

See this thread:
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...33&postcount=2

I myself am thinking to get one of these to use with my G27. Anyone have any info on all day wear. I work in a hi heat environment and am interested in the comfort factor. Also does it have any retention ability, I am looking for something to replace my plastic Fobus IWB, which does a decent job for what I use it for but could be a little more comfortable.

SY

I ordered one for my G26 and received it in 4 days. This was my first IWB so I wasn't sure what to expect. It is very comfortable and has very good retention. I can draw and reholster with one hand easily. I have worn it several times and it is very comfortable. I had it for a month before I told my wife about it and she didn't even have a clue I was carrying.
    Miwall

I have one. I got it about a week ago. I carry my H&K P2000sk in it. Its really comfortable. Only took about 3 days to arrive after placing the order.

I just ordered one for my XD-45 I ordered the belt clip and the Ghurka clip addon.

I hope I like it.

Just purchased mine on Monday. H&K p2000 belt clip with Ghurka. First Holster. I'll review it when I get home for the holidays.

-Noctis

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    Just purchased mine on Monday. H&K p2000 belt clip with Ghurka. First Holster. I'll review it when I get home for the holidays.

-Noctis

I just got an email from CompTac. Mine has shipped already.. WOW that was fast..

Their turn around time & service is good. I think you will like the holster. The Gurkha ste up is the way I carry IWB. I have carried in their Undercover, C-TAC, Old Gurkha, & the new Infidel. Below is my review as a Moderator on another forum.
    I have no financial connection to Comp-Tac.
    I look forward to your thoughts & the 2nd oppinion.

Definition: We who protect our women & children. Not hide behind them.
    I like it.

Holster report: I like it too. Worn w/ a Kimber Pro CDP. This is a 4.25 inch barrel w/ a full size grip.
    The modular set up is versatile & very functional. It all works.
    I have now worn it daily for almost a month in all configurations. Some only long enough to test because they are not my personal preference.
    It can be set up with 2 belt loops like the standard IWB leather holster. I wore it this way for several days. The loops & ledge on this holster keep it very stable even if the loops are not positioned w/ a belt loop between them. It did not creep as I have had a few do.

I like the adjustable cant set up better than the C-TAC. One loop & the adjustable clip at the rear are very stable. The ledge holds the holster at a much better highth than the C-TAC when worn strictly as a IWB. There is plenty of cant adjustment in my opinion.

In the tuckable mode I like it better than the C-TAC too. The cant is right for us who like the FBI angle. The ledge holds everything on top of the belt very stable & at the right height for me. There is no rock at all & does not take up as much belt space as the C-TAC.

My preference is still the gurka setup. I like the new clip design better than the old curved one. Excellent here for easy, often, on & off that is sometimes necessary. This new clip is stronger & if it does break can be replaced quickly w/o a whole new holster. The rear strut makes the holster solid & will not move.

In ever mode the new ledge is a great addition. This ledge sets right on top of the belt & gives a 1.5 inch straight base to keep the holster always at the same angle. This is the best change in the design.
    I believe the Infidel will soon replace the Undercover & the Gurkha. It may in time become the tuckable holster of preference over the C-TAC.
    If you like Kydex holsters, I believe you will really like this one.
    LT

Here are the pictures. I did some modifications to it. I do not like the sweat shield, it pokes me. I cut it off on all my holsters. Once I wear it for a while I will do a small report.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Well I don't know about that holster but that's a damn nice pistol you got there.

Links