Belly bands?

Belly bands?

This is a discussion on Belly bands? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; considering a belly band for outdoor activities like walking,jogging... will carry a G26,any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thread: Belly bands?

Belly bands?

considering a belly band for outdoor activities like walking,jogging...
    will carry a G26,any suggestions would be appreciated

As I said in a previous thread, I have a Galco bellyband that I just used on the past Thursday while carrying a Kahr K9 with 1 extra mag. I've also used it carrying my P229. A bit more bulkier but managable. I've carried my 220ST around the house just to see how it feels while wearing shorts and a oversize tshirt,and while my waist ain't small by no means, the missus had no idea I was carrying till I told her. Don't know about jogging, I would think walking should be no problem.
    A bellyband is a good investment,it'll give you another option to choose from in carrying.

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Betty
    There wasn't a bellyband option, but that's what I use for my main carry. I wear it lower around the hips. I use an ankle holster for the backup gun.
    Betty posted the above in the "Holster Poll" thread referenced below so you might want to check with her as well. Or she will post here as soon as she sees it :P

http://www.combatcarry.com/forum/pos...;repquote=3615

I have a bellyband and I like it except I htink I got a bad one. The velcro edges on it cut into the stomach unless you are wearing a tshirt under it which I rarely wear. I may just need to try a different one. The few times I have used mine, though, I really liked the way it carried my 1911. anyone know who makes the best one?

VIP Member
    I use an Ace Case brand bellyband holster. Instead of around the belly, I wear it lower around the hips. It hides my gun like magic, and it's very fast, easy and silent to draw from. You just "peel" the gun out.

In the summertime, all I have to do is suck in my belly once in a while to let in some air so it doesn't really get hot and sweaty. Retention is decent, but one-handed reholstering is difficult. I wouldn't recommend continuously jumping up and down on a trampoline with it, but I haven't had a problem jogging with it. Your jeans/pants also help with retention if you wear it lower where I do. If you're in a groundfight, it might work it's way out.

I've tried several different kinds, but always come back to the Ace Case and that's what I've been using for the past 5 years. The elastic is 6" wide and displaces the weight of the gun very well - in fact, sometimes I have to "check" to make sure it's still there. I'm small and skinny, and that bellyband works like magic to make that gun disappear into my side, because there's no bulk to increase the gun's profile.

If you wear it so the gun is in the 5 o'clock position, you will have the two mag slots in the 11 o'clock position.

Again thanks to all replies,appreciate the link and photos,Betty.I will let you all know what I purchase and how it rides.
    Best wishes

DC Founder
    I had never heard of Ace Case before. They have some nice equipment. I think I will order one of their belly bands. Betty, have you ever had any problems with the raw edges of the velcro cutting you when worn against bare skin?

VIP Member
    Betty, have you ever had any problems with the raw edges of the velcro cutting you when worn against bare skin?
    Sometimes it will when it's being broken in, but it eventually conforms to shape of the body. I wear it over the underwear/under the jeans.

Sponsored Links