Eric Larsen's tuckable for 1911

This is a discussion on Eric Larsen's tuckable for 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got this really nice holster in several weeks ago and have not had a chance to post any pictures before now. When I get to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Larsen's tuckable for 1911

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Eric Larsen's tuckable for 1911

Got this really nice holster in several weeks ago and have not had a chance to post any pictures before now. When I get to wear them a little I'll be back with a report on it.

2. Remove Ads

very pretty =o)

Another nice looking holster

That is a cool holster! One of the better tuckables I've seen.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Beautiful holster Phil! The gun looks a little used though, want to get rid of it for a cheap price?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Yo Phil, Eric made you one nice holster, I hope the one I'm making you comes out as nice. and don't listen to John I know you'll sell to me before him.
    Stay Safe,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Lol sorry guys, the Spiders have to stay. They've bitten me. I pick up either one and it shoots the same as the other. If they can make a bad as shot as me look OK they got to be good.

If anyone is curious as to how well this holster carries a heavy 1911, well it great. Notice the nice wide foot,and it will form to your body to help support and keep the pistol stable. I like the little curve there because it rides on your buttock muscle and bears part of the weight, it also keeps the holster from pinching you as you sit as some tend to do now and then. The arm is made of horsehide with a metal piece sandwiched between the leather of the arm. It doesn't shift and it makes a nice IWB if you choose to use it only that way. Eric, did a bang up job here.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well....what do you know. Thanks animal. That is my original design called the GS tuckable......If anyone wants to know what it stands for...just email me. Te he he.
    Anyway....Im glad its working out for you....its a real bugger to make! Some IWB's can be made with as little as 3 pcs...others up to 5-8 pcs for the elaborate ones...this has 15 pcs total.
    But its worth it once they are built.....Ive been doing alot with Shark and spring clips lately.....
    Some are like these............
    Anyway....thanks again for the write up ....Im glad you like it.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Mine is really nice, but you are teasing me with the exotic trim. I'm still holding out for toad scrotum though. lol

Does the clip go over the belt or does the belt go over it to hide?

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    You really have to see one of these designs in person to appreciate it. They're truly masterpieces.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Does the clip go over the belt or does the belt go over it to hide?
    I'm going to jump in here and Eric can correct me if I'm wrong. The clip goes over the belt. Look at the way the clip is made. The bottom of the clip is turned out so it starts over your belt easley, and it is indented to hold under the belt so the holster doesn't come out with the pistol when you draw it. That same turned out clip makes it easy to put the holster on and to take it off when needed.

Yes old post, but that holster is extremely nice, how long of a wait was it to have him make it? Great workmanship and I am buying one ASAP! Sharkskin really does add some extra quality and flair to it.

Quote Originally Posted by iodonnel View Post
    Yes old post, but that holster is extremely nice, how long of a wait was it to have him make it? Great workmanship and I am buying one ASAP! Sharkskin really does add some extra quality and flair to it.
    Eric makes top notch holsters, and is a pleasure to do business with. Mine were ordered and took around 7 months to get, BUT, I called Eric and explained that I wasn't in a rush for them I'm a merchant seaman and away for several months at a time anyways. And told him to get some of his more pressing work done before starting mine. Give him a call, I like that holster and wore it quite alot the last time I was home. And breaking it in more before I use it as a tuckable, it rides well and supports the pistol fine. The only thing at all that some may not care for is that on some pants and depending on where you like to wear it, the belt loop may be right where your pants belt loop is. Eric has a nice holster that you can see on his site that puts the belt loops at both edges of the holster. Give him a shout and I bet you'll be happy with the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links