Holster modifying or making. ( not about fav holster )

This is a discussion on Holster modifying or making. ( not about fav holster ) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a cell pal and I really like it for certain situations to carry. I found it comfortable and works pretty well BUT it ...

Thread: Holster modifying or making. ( not about fav holster )

I bought a cell pal and I really like it for certain situations to carry. I found it comfortable and works pretty well BUT it sits too low in the holster to get a good grip.
    NOTE: This is about modifying a holster, NOT a debate on what holster would be better, faster, cheaper. Please rave about your fav holster in your own thread and not waste my thread bashing the cell pal if you don't like it. That may sound pretty harsh but too many times a simple thing gets dragged off topic and the thread becomes a waste because the thread title no longer fits the thread.
    If you modified one ( esp if it is art work or stamping, share the pics here. ) I am making a holster with Kydex and plan to cover it in leather. I will post the progress pics when The kydex comes it and I can get started. It will be for back pocket carry.

I found that my 651 sits to low in the holster.

To raise it up I punched two holes and put in two bond posts. If I change guns I can take the posts back out.

Yes it still sits below the waist and is still comfortable and conceals standing or sitting.

While it would be more permanent you could also stitch a line for the trigger guard and muzzle. That would do 2 things. Raise it and possibly give it a bit of retention. You are certainly right about it sitting too low. Sacrificing a good grip is the last thing you want to do if it can be avoided. Good call on fixing that.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links