Belts? - Page 3

Belts?

This is a discussion on Belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ares Gear Ranger Belt. Super stiff scuba webbing with a Cobra belt buckle that clicks into place. Very sturdy and tough plus they offer quite ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Belts?

Ares Gear Ranger Belt. Super stiff scuba webbing with a Cobra belt buckle that clicks into place. Very sturdy and tough plus they offer quite a few color options. Also great because once you put it on in the morning and sinch it around your waist (and gear) it stays the size you adjusted it too. This means each time you have to go to the bathroom or undo your belt all you have to do is unclick the Cobra buckle and then reclick it once your done and viola! Back to the perfect size! No more having to sinch your belt down each time or worry about it getting looser during the day. I love the Ranger belt and have worn it every day for about 2 years. The difference in comfort when I switched to a high quality purpose built gunbelt from a cheapo laminate 5.11 "gunbelt" was night and day. Great belt with a lifetime warranty and it's made in the USA.

Does anyone make a brown, single layer belt by chance?

I never carry anything more than 20 oz. or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Does anyone make a brown, single layer belt by chance?

I never carry anything more than 20 oz. or so.
    I posted this link in #18 too. I have a brown and black, love them!

Fat Boy Belt by TwoFoolsLeatherGoods on Etsy

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Beltman. World of difference since going to that. Any other belt I have had seems like a joke, because it is. I bought the premade version with no mods as I am impatient. I will buy another with some mods to my liking but thus far it has been awesome. I have had it one year and it is still as strong as the day I got it. Love it. Glad my dad never had one if you know what I mean.
    I second the recommendation for The Beltman. I have a total of 5 of his belts, in 1.5" and 1.75" widths have used them exclusively. They are the best!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

FILSON Outfitters has a double sided belt for about $ 80 that will last forever! I have used one of their single thickness belts with good resouts. It is crazy to pay $100 + for a belt when there are very good options to be had from many different makers. JMHO.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    FILSON Outfitters has a double sided belt for about $ 80 that will last forever! I have used one of their single thickness belts with good results.
    If you're going to go with Filson, I'd recommend the double-thickness belt over the single-thickness version. The latter isn't much sturdier than any other belt.

1 1/2" Double Belt | Filson

“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I love my crossbreed holster and belt. I got the 1.5" double layer belt with the Velcro on the back for extra concealment. I can tuck my shirt in and fully conceal my sig p250 with the clips even being hidden because of the Velcro.

I ordered a Bullhide Belt this week since it came highly recommended. Should arrive next week. I'll let you know my thoughts once I have it.
    Topsider likes this.

Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

Look no further! YMMV

+1 Wilderness Instructor. Original Instructor Belt
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
    I have to agree!!
    Same here. Love my AG Custom as well! I also have a 5 stitch Wilderness Instructor for casual wear. Both are 1.5" and work fine with belt loops.

Has anyone tried out the Jake belt from Theis Holsters? Since his holsters are top quality I would imagine the belt is solid as well...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    The 5.11 Operator belt is really tough and will not loosen up. The 1" 3/4 " width works well.
    I agree with the 5.11. Very happy.

...going on 5 years with mine...loaded a bit heavier than this...it shows no wear at all...best $34 I've spent in years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I wear a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch carrying one or two Glocks iwb, and one or two TDI Kabars. I have worn my current one for well over a year, and it shows no signs of breakdown. Buy it six inches longer than your pants waist size, and it will accommodate one or all of what I listed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links