Belts?

Belts?

This is a discussion on Belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying now for almost four years. I've used Harley Davidson belts for that time. I have noticed they seem to become quite ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Belts?

Belts?

I have been carrying now for almost four years. I've used Harley Davidson belts for that time. I have noticed they seem to become quite flemssy where my holster and mag pouches set. I am interested in a good heavy duty gun belt that still is comfortable. What do you fine gents use and what do you like about them/any dislikes. I don't mind continuing to use a standard belt but they get expensive buying them that often.

VIP Member
    I wear a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch carrying one or two Glocks iwb, and one or two TDI Kabars. I have worn my current one for well over a year, and it shows no signs of breakdown. Buy it six inches longer than your pants waist size, and it will accommodate one or all of what I listed.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Beltman. World of difference since going to that. Any other belt I have had seems like a joke, because it is. I bought the premade version with no mods as I am impatient. I will buy another with some mods to my liking but thus far it has been awesome. I have had it one year and it is still as strong as the day I got it. Love it. Glad my dad never had one if you know what I mean.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Are these a good belt for wearing in belt loops? I forgot to mention that this is for daily ccw

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    Are these a good belt for wearing in belt loops? I forgot to mention that this is for daily ccw
    Yes, the Wilderness Instructor works well with both belt loops and clips.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Bullhide Belts... very happy with the one I got from them and they have a pretty flawless way to measure/order.

Quality USA Handcrafted Belts - Bullhide Belts, Dress Leather Belts, Gun Belts, Holsters, Double Prong Belts, Money Belts
    FlaRon and Topsider like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Thank you very much if I wear OWB 1911 and generally a spare mag pouch that holds two mags should I still order one six inches longer then pant size as stated in your previous post?

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I use a crossbreed custom belt with Velcro on the inside for deeper concealment with a tucked shirt been using it for over a year carrying a g23 with zero problems. Also have a handmade belt bought at a gun show that's more than three years old about 1/4 inch thick that is just as good
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Thank you very much if I wear OWB 1911 and generally a spare mag pouch that holds two mags should I still order one six inches longer then pant size as stated in your previous post?
    Six inches long will still work for you, and will allow for future flexibility. Even when I am wearing no gear, my belt still functions perfectly.
    William T. Sherman

Thank you very much what are the mods in which you were talking about vs the premaid version

VIP Member
    Thank you very much what are the mods in which you were talking about vs the premaid version
    My belt is unmodified.
    William T. Sherman

There are options such as sharkskin, elephant skin, internal stiffener, colors other than black etc. I carry a LW Colt Commander and occasionally up to 2 8 rd mags in a pouch on it. Gun IWB.

There are sizing charts on his website thebeltman.net
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Thank you very much I will look into purchasing one of these were is the best place to order? Many thanks again

Can this belt be worn with jeans......just askin'....

VIP Member
    Thank you very much I will look into purchasing one of these were is the best place to order? Many thanks again
    Original Instructor Belt
    Yes, it can be worn with jeans.
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links