New IWB holster

New IWB holster

This is a discussion on New IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I remodeled the holster after receiving much input from others. There is another post on this check out that thread....

Thread: New IWB holster

IWB holster-see other thread.

I remodeled the holster after receiving much input from others.
    There is another post on this check out that thread.
    Last edited by Greg Dunn; October 19th, 2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: directed to new post
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

It looks very nice.Will you be making them for 4 inch revolvers(Mainly a Ruger Security six)?And what would the price be?Thanks in advance.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Yes they will be available for revolvers.

Start at $45.00
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Dunn View Post
    Yes they will be available for revolvers.

Start at $45.00
    For a Taurus Tracker (4" barrel)?

I suggest you take your photo's against light colored clothing and /or background. I can barely see the ones on the belt.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    I suggest you take your photo's against light colored clothing and /or background. I can barely see the ones on the belt.
    gives a new meaning to concealed

I would say that look's way better than the pictures offer. A new camera is a must Greg in order to show the true quality of your holsters.

Nice looking IWB by the way, whatcha calling that one?.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Well I have to make a few subtle changes to the holster design to make it ride a bit lower and reinforce the mouth but it is to be called the "Raider" and will be available as shown and a tuckable with kydex clips.

The revised version will be pretty wicked when it's done. I have about 7 orders to fill so I will work on it in spare moments. Right now I am waiting on new hides and a couple of new pistol molds to arrive (we are having serious flooding today rained like 6-8 inches last night).

New camera is high on the to get list.

The prototype rides so high because I am used to duty gear so when I reach for my gun it needs to be in a certain place and it affects my ride placement of prototypes occasionally.
    Ranger Gunleather

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Greg, nice looking holster you got there. Just my 2cents on it, I like one that rides just a little lower under the belt, a little more cant and a bit lower on the beltline and that thing would be perfect for me. Please don't take this as a slam or anything of the sort. Just looking at a holster that I think is nice but can be better for the wearer. Easier to draw, less to dig into your ribs, but some people do like a higher riding pistol. My old banged up shoulders need one lower. Hope they take off like wildfires for you. Pretty soon you can join all the other holster makers here telling us how over worked you are.

I agree that it needs to be lowered and a couple of others were kind enough to offer their suggestions as to how to accomplish that.

My brain is hardwired for duty gear, so sometimes when I do a prototype concealment holster the ride is too high, I just expect when I reach down my gun will be in the same spot it's always been on a Sam Browne belt.

I am working on making the improved version to actually be offered.
    reinforce the mouth, and include the holes at the bottom edges so that if you want you can get Comp-Tac clips and make it tuckable, although I will offer it that way as well.

It may end up being similar in function to Garrity's Triskel holster, although that was not the original intent.
    Ranger Gunleather

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    If I can reach down and touch my belt and feel a grip there I'm a happy camper. With the proper cant I can carry a full sized 1911 that way. I prefer the shorter than 5" because they tend to pinch me when I sit. I carry at around 3:30 and I can see where the nice wide loops on yours will form the holster to you. Most all holsters today are some sort of a version of another. You find several that you like and see what can make them better for you. There are several that are a take off of Sam Andrews McDanial II , some add a front strap to it. There are lots of Summer Specials, all holsters that are really good, someone looks at them and trys to make it better for them. You don't find a lot people trying to improve on versions of bad holsters.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well it sounds like great minds think alike.......
    You make some nice stuff......keep it up.

Shoot well and god bless.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Nice looking gear Greg!

The nice thing about Comp-tac clips is that the 3 holes allow you to adjust ride hight.

Good luck,
    Joe

Links