The Perfect Kydex IWB Holster - Page 2

The Perfect Kydex IWB Holster

This is a discussion on The Perfect Kydex IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad you found the right fit. I am quite sure that most of us has filled a box with well recommended, slightly used holsters that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Perfect Kydex IWB Holster

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Glad you found the right fit. I am quite sure that most of us has filled a box with well recommended, slightly used holsters that we keep stored away. I use a Cross Breed Super Tuck and a Galco King Tuk for my EDC. They work for me......
    mdmorgan likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Glad you found the right fit. I am quite sure that most of us has filled a box with well recommended, slightly used holsters that we keep stored away. I use a Cross Breed Super Tuck and a Galco King Tuk for my EDC. They work for me......
    Yes, the box full of holsters for me was a huge part of the journey. It showed me what I didn't want. The CST was the first one I tried, and I couldn't make it work for me, try as I might. Fortunately, I eventually discovered the Brommeland Max-Con V. It is a great holster, which I still use.

When I got the DeltaPoint on the Glock 17, the only holsters I could find for it were either high riders or AIWBs, both of which work, but neither very well. I had a guy at a gun show make one up for me which was closer to what I was looking for, but unfortunately, he could only come close. It works, with lots of modifications I put on it, but still not exactly what I wanted.

I knew exactly what I wanted, and corresponded with some makers. Mark at Midworld felt he could do it based on specs I sent him and sure enough, he made it perfectly.
    mdmorgan likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Sponsor
    That's a sharp looking holster! I'm glad to hear you found what works for you. Obviously I carry an SHTF Gear holster, but I definitely appreciate the skill of other craftsman. It looks like Mark does some pretty dang good work!

-Clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    That's a sharp looking holster! I'm glad to hear you found what works for you. Obviously I carry an SHTF Gear holster, but I definitely appreciate the skill of other craftsman. It looks like Mark does some pretty dang good work!

-Clay
    Yes, I am very pleased with all aspects of this holster. Workmanship, finish, turnaround time and price are all very positive.
    mdmorgan likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Try being a holster maker! You want to talk about boxes of holsters that didn't quite work!
    I am a bit of a gun nut too, so I have something like 20 holsters I use from time to time. Most of them are half finished. Right not I am mostly using an OWB Kydex rig for my PF9 with a TLR3.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post

-Clay
    Thanks.
    You do very nice work as well and I believe offer a great value to your customers. I would be interested to see your shop set up as I have no idea how you manage your turn around time. Clicker dies? Maybe a laser? Vac table?
    Not looking for any trade secrets, just really impressed with your turn around time for what I assume is a pretty good volume of holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yes, I am very pleased with all aspects of this holster. Workmanship, finish, turnaround time and price are all very positive.
    Mike,
    Thanks again for all of your kind words. For a guy like me, running a VERY small business, it really means a lot when customers take the time to talk about my product.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    Mike,
    Thanks again for all of your kind words. For a guy like me, running a VERY small business, it really means a lot when customers take the time to talk about my product.
    It is always a pleasure to promote a unique product at a very reasonable price. I knew exactly what I wanted, and you bought it to reality. That hasn't happened for me very often, and I really appreciate it when it does.
    mdmorgan likes this.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    After your feedback on this holster, I might have to make one for myself and use it for a while and look into making it a regular product.

Edited to add:
    I have to say that Glock with the red dot and tall sights is SICK!
    Giving me some pistol envy.
    I absolutely adore the Glock, which represents the workmanship and skill of three people, including you. David Bowie at Bowie Tactical Concepts Home Page did the milling and mounting of the sights. Lou Biondo did the grip chop: Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's and you, of course did the holster.
    Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links