Question for the women. - Page 2

Question for the women.

This is a discussion on Question for the women. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't like belts, and I successfully carry IWB without one. She'll need to select a holster with a strong steel belt clip if she ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question for the women.

VIP Member
    I don't like belts, and I successfully carry IWB without one. She'll need to select a holster with a strong steel belt clip if she tries IWB with no belt. I'm rather thin and appendix carry in a Desantis "The Insider" holster, which may or may not be a good choice for her body type. It's deep carry. For many years I used an Ace Case belly band holster (use baby powder or an undershirt in hot weather for the sweat). I wore it lower around the hips, but the band is a great option because you can just rotate it to carry in any position, and lower it and raise it to your liking.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Wife doesnt have her ccw since she is always with me now and I do. However she wants to get one. She cant shoot as well as I can up to a 9mm. Being motorcycle riders or (oh God heres that word) bikers for short carry would be easy. She always wears a fanny pack on her side because its handy so could go that way, She always has on her vest also so a concealed carry leather vest would work too though fanny pack would likely be the preferred method for her since she could loose the vest if it simply got to hot to wear. Doenst happen often but it has.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdoc1017 View Post
    I got my wife a S&W air weight 38 hammer less. How do most women carry. IWB OWB or in there purse. Can you give me some ideas thanks.
    For lots of ideas, refer to the "official female carry reference thread": The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

I carry my j-frame either IWB or OWB, but mostly OWB. My Remora IWB is shown here: The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

Revolvers are rather 'fat' and not so comfortable for IWB. My preferred carry method is OWB (Galco contour gun belt with the Galco concealable belt holster): Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters This requires a cover garment so I like it best for cool weather carry and "great outdoors" (open) carry.

Galco has some very nice carry purses as well as holsters - check out their "women's top picks" page: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I choose not to purse carry because the safety risk is huge, as described in Kathy Jackson's article, "Should I Carry In My Purse?" Should I Carry in my Purse? | Cornered Cat

few women keep their purses literally on their laps the entire time they are visiting friends, even friends with children. Most women toss their purses casually over the back of their chairs in a restaurant (with the attendant risk of walking away without it). We shove our purses underneath our desks when we get to work, and donít think about them again all day. We plunk our purses into the shopping cart in the grocery store, then turn away to pick out tomatoes. But it literally only takes a split second for a purse-snatcher to do his thing ó and even less than that for a child or grandchild to get into your purse when mommyís not watching as carefully as she ought. There is literally no safe place to set a gun purse down if it is not locked up.
    For me it's much more convenient to carry a holstered gun on my person, where it's always under my immediate control. Your wife's mileage may vary.
    JetGirl likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    For me it's much more convenient to carry a holstered gun on my person, where it's always under my immediate control.
    Agreed.
    The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. ~ Col. Jeff Cooper

My main concern is getting to my truck after work. For now, I generally carry in my bag. I have a seatbelt messenger bag, so the straps won't just be cut or just break. It sits just to where my hand can sit on the grip in the bag and it doesn't look too out of place. I do have an IWB holster ordered so it'll change soon.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My wife frequently wears safari pants/shorts and carries her p238 in a pocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links