Cavalry Draw - Would you have given him what he wants? - Page 3

Cavalry Draw - Would you have given him what he wants?

This is a discussion on Cavalry Draw - Would you have given him what he wants? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a business owner, I'll put in my .02. The way I look at it, Whether you did the right thing or wrong thing doesn't ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Right and Wrong

As a business owner, I'll put in my .02. The way I look at it, Whether you did the right thing or wrong thing doesn't matter as much as the fact that you made a decision and stuck to it. You don't have to hide from an unhappy customer, or hang your head because you did something you weren't comftorable with. If you see him in Wal Mart, you can smile, speak, and shake hands with no qualms. If he has hard feelings, it's a problem, his problem. Also, if he does AD/ND himself or someone else, again, it's his problem. FWIW I think you did the right thing also.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Administrator

Angry

All great but, don't you all see some little bit of hypocrisy here?

Too Dangerous ~ Holsters that are Too Potentially Deadly?

Ruger firearms refuses to make firearms that can easily be concealed.
    Ruger "Roll Marking" a HUGE BILLBOARD WARNING on their firearm barrels - ruining the esthetic's of an otherwise fine looking firearm...because they ABSOLUTELY NEED to tell stupid people to read the Instruction Manual - Available FREE from Ruger Firearms.

Ban Certain Large Dog Breeds because their bite is more dangerous.
    Where do we stop this total nonsense???

Ban Guns that LOOK Dangerous because only the wrong sort of people want them.

No high capacity magazines because nobody really needs more than 6 bullets for anything.

All guns MUST have built in gun locks because people just can't be trusted to put their firearm in a safe place.

Semi automatic firearms are way too dangerous to the general public because if a person owned one and went "ballistic" ~ so many more innocent people could possibly get shot much more quickly.

Don't dare let people buy fireworks on the 4th Of July because they could blow their fingers off.

Don't dare allow people carrying a firearm into any restaurant or establishment where alcohol is being served because people cannot be trusted not to get drunk.

No knives with any assisted opening feature and no blades over 3.5" long because they are potentially more lethal.

One of the finest Artist Oil Colors (that has been around for at least 300 years) was recently prohibited because it contained trace amounts of Lead Oxide and so...the kids that I don't have might possibly open up that tube of paint and eat it...so Best To Just Stop Producing It.

The interior of my car with "fused in" seatbelt and airbag WARNING labels that are impossible to remove.

MickyD's not selling Extra LARGE orders of French Fries because some people cannot control how much they eat so let's make sure that NOBODY can ever buy a large order of fries. Instead...they'll hafta buy two orders of smaller fries...somehow that's better? And For Sure Don't make the Hot Coffee too hot because the general population is Too Stupid to know that hot coffee is supposed to be HOT?

I can think of a thousand more real time examples.

No KIDS should have TOY Guns anymore. As a parent you'll become a social outcast with your neighbors if you buy your kid a plastic gun these days...if you can even find a realistic looking one on the toy store shelves anymore.

We are all in the process of "Idiot Proofing" ourselves into an incredibly deep nightmarish pit in this country.

I guess I'm just mourning the Agonizing DEATH of Personal Responsibility here in the United States Of America.

Forgive me but, It's very sad to me that we are slowly allowing ourselves to be wimped into being pathetic, sissified, totally helpless "sue crazy" whining cry~babies.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    All great but, don't you all see some little bit of hypocrisy here?

Too Dangerous ~ Holsters that are Too Potentially Deadly? ......................
    .................................................. ...........................................
    ...............We are all in the process of "Idiot Proofing" ourselves into an incredibly deep nightmarish pit in this country.

I guess I'm just mourning the Agonizing DEATH of Personal Responsibility here in the United States Of America.

Forgive me but, It's very sad to me that we are slowly allowing ourselves to be wimped into being pathetic, sissified, totally helpless "sue crazy" whining cry~babies.
    I agree with your points. This guy kinda painted himself in a corner by being so specific as to what he wanted and why he wanted it that way. There was no ambiguity - nothing I could step over. It was a good decision for me. I hope he finds what he wants.

All my training and experience as a Naval Aviator demonstrated to me that Murphy's Law is right saying, "What can go wrong will go wrong and it will happen at the worst possible time." It pays to honor systems and procedures which reduce human error under extreme stress.

Administrator
    Oh...I know & do understand.
    I've just been sitting high up on my QK Tall Idealistic Pedestal these past few days.

I just think it's sort of disgusting what a mess of legal quicksand (in general) that we seem to be forever sinking deeper in.

I honestly do have a keen awareness of the necessary "Cover My Ass Doctrine" that we all must live under these days...because we are all constantly under the oppressive thumb of possible legal ramifications.
    I just thought I would rant about it a little bit because it bothers the Hell out of me.

The reality IS that that's the way it is though.

All of you should know in advance though that if my dog ever starts chewing on my Tucker or Brommeland holster and chokes to death on it...I'll never sue you.

Problem is we don't have enough people, or candidates with the will to put an end to all this BS. If someone would run on a platform to straighten out the mess I'd vote for 'em but don't see that on the horizon.

As a small businessman I'm blasted well sick and tired of it all but what else can I do? If I put myself far enough out on a limb, someone will shoot it out from under me and I'll fall for sure.

My favorite bit of comedy is when the current crop of politicians claim to be pro small business, after all we are the largest employers in the US! They ought to try it sometime....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Just like "grey areas" if you feel convicted by it - then its wrong for you to do it. Where I might not feel convicted - then it would be ok for me to make it. Make sense?

Quite a Thread...

but I wish some of you guys would please tell us how you REALLY feel!

I have enjoyed the different points of view...and I have learned a few things, too.

May you each enjoy your own selections, personal habits and approaches...with practice, each and every person should become (or is) proficient with his or her method and use of product.

Sometimes we each have to 'agree to disagree' and move on...weapon type, holster selection, and women...ah, such different selections...it makes the world go around doesn't it?

Thanks to you all for your opinions, comments, and suggestions...sometimes, life is a 'hoot'.

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator

Amen to that.
    Well said and unfortunatley true...

Now that I've said that, I'll say this.

If it were ME trying to order a holster that the maker refused to make, I would respect that and simply move on.No fuss,no lectures,no nothing. I can understand his point of not providing.
    If I am intent on getting that particular style of holster made, I would look further until I found what I wanted. Someone,somewhere out there would be willing to make it. Sure, it might be a hassle,it might take a week or a year or a decade to find a maker, but none of that would impede my quest for a holster.

I for one appreciate the honesty and staightforwardness of the maker. He had a problem with making that particular stlye and took the time to explain it. That right there is proof that he "cares" and I applaud that. Who knows, maybe if I heard the same thing enough times it might even cause me to rethink that mode of carry.

Not that I carry that way....but...yall get my point.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links