IWB holster suggestions for SP2022?

This is a discussion on IWB holster suggestions for SP2022? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Nik. I'm 21 and I live in the wonderful gun friendly state of Virginia. I came ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IWB holster suggestions for SP2022?

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Nik. I'm 21 and I live in the wonderful gun friendly state of Virginia. I came here from the opencarry.org forums because we aren't supposed to discuss concealed carry there. I currently open carry a Sig sp2022 .40 I just recently acquired my concealed permit and would like to start concealed carrying. The 2022 isn't ideal because it is so large but it is all I have currently (ill be getting a S&W mp9c this summer). My question is, what inside the waistband holsters are out there for the 2022 that y'all would recommend? I'm probably going to carry it at 3-4oclock.

VIP Member
    Nik, welcome to the forum. I really prefer the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I am not sure if they make one for your gun, but if you don't see it at their site, call Rocky and discuss it with him. They are somewhat expensive, but you get good value for the $$$.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Trust us all here. You will end up with the proverbial box o holsters when it comes time to select the right one. I have a bunch myself that Ive ended up giving away. After searching along time I ended up with a galco king-yuk for my m&p9c. And I like it. So you might try something like that or the crossbreed style. Good luck with your holster quest.

VIP Member
    Get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

When you get a new gun you can change out the kydex for under $20 so you can carry your new gun. As your gun collection grows your holster grows with it.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I have an Old Faithful IWB for my 2022 that I really like.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/...-forward-cant/
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Hi from Arizona. I carry a Glock 19 I carry in this holster Dale Fricke Holsters I find Dales holsters to be the best bar none. I like appendix carry because it is the easiest place to protect your gun and if you need to get at your gun fast it is in the best position to get to your gun way faster then any other form of carry
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    John F. Kennedy

Sponsor

Re: IWB holster suggestions for SP2022?

Take a look at SHTF Gear Holsters. A very comfortable hybrid design without the bulk. Ships in just 3-5 business days. Each holster is made on the smallest piece of leather that provides proper coverage.

You can find one for your gun here.

http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-M...1-SIG-PRO-2022

Thanks!
    Clay

We have many IWB's for the 2022 from $25.00 to $300. It just depends what you need. Inside The Waistband

Alex

Does a $300 holster make you invisible? Or give you x-ray vision? Anything cool like that?
    iguanadon likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Does a $300 holster make you invisible? Or give you x-ray vision? Anything cool like that?
    If it did we would patent it, LOL. But it does not. But the answer is just more features like one handed reholstering etc etc.

One Example you can see would be the use of a site track Sight Track

Alex

A $5 shake?

Kidding... I'm a fan of High Noon holsters.
    Clint Eastwood

Re: IWB holster suggestions for SP2022?

For you guys carrying a 2022 iwb, can you really carry a gun that size comfortably iwb? I have a 2340 which is basically the same gun and am having a hard time carrying it, i guess i just havnt found the right setup but i cant afford to buy a bunch of different ones to try.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    A $5 shake?

Kidding... I'm a fan of High Noon holsters.
    We like fans!!! But more like $35.00 extra on those holsters, they have all the bells and whistles. Down Under Clip

Compared to a similar holster without them. Hideaway w/clip

The good thing is we have something for everyone. Lite duty or extreme duty.

Alex

Nickryj:

The SigPro 2340 was the gun that got me started in trying my hand at making holsters. At the time I got it I couldn't really find a holster that I liked for it, so I decided to try to make my own...and down the rabbit hole I went. I carried this IWB for a couple of month's and then switched to a compact sized firearm. The 2340 isn't really that uncomfortable to carry it's just big and heavy. For some reason it's actually more comfortable than my full size xd in a similar holster. If that is all you have, go for it. I carry mine from time to time now that it's winter and I have baggier/more clothes on.

This is the first one i made and it's nothing to look at, but just to give you an idea:

sigpro by Jacam2002, on Flickr

While I've gotten better (better pics on Flickr) this is still comfortable and is in my rotation.

Jason

I really like that down under holster but 184.99... Damn haha, I appreciate all of the suggestions. Looks like I have some research and comparing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links