Just got my new Tommy Theis holster- - Page 2

Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

This is a discussion on Just got my new Tommy Theis holster- within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Theis holster for awhile, just waiting for the gun! I think my LGS should have it by tomorrow or Tues at the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

I've had my Theis holster for awhile, just waiting for the gun! I think my LGS should have it by tomorrow or Tues at the latest (Bersa BP9CC).

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Even though I'm not sure why you think Theis holsters are build it yourself holsters, what kind of d-bag would sue someone who supplied a build it yourself holster kit that they put together themselves?

People have no sense of personal responsibility anymore.

And I love my Theis holster for my 4003.
    Well, after handling/defending product liability claims for over 30 years, I can assure you there are always people who will sue anybody. As to doing it successfully, that is another question.

As to Red's comment, the maker may have shifter some liability for a manufacturing defect (in this case a claim of negligent assembly) but not a design defect.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Lead Moderator
    Back to topic , liability is a different subject.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Another thumbs up for Theis holsters, very satisfied with my IWB holster for a ruger lc9 and also his belt. Been using both every day for a few months now. It squeaked for maybe the first two weeks but after that it was broken in and hasn't made a noise since. Didn't sound much different than a squeaky pair of shoes so the little bit of noise at first didn't bother me.

Just ordered an OWB from him on the 28th and it was shipped on the 3rd, impressive turnaround time especially considering there was a holiday in there!
    NewtownSam likes this.

I tried my BP9CC with the Theis holster today it's a great fit! It's very new & tight right now; I can barely get it out of the holster! But better a tad to tight than too loose since it will probably loosen as it breaks in.
    NewtownSam likes this.

3 week review, Theis IWB Hybrid

Hello, figured I'd touch base and give a little report after wearing the Theis holster every day for about three weeks. I loved it the first time I wore it, and I like it more now
    It has completely stopped creaking, is contoured perfectly to me, and retention is perfect again after a little attention with a hairdryer (retention loosened up a bit as the leather stretched and molded around the pistol.) Again, this holster is made in the USA, is very fairly priced, and was delivered ahead of schedule

Here are some pics, please forgive any awkward angles, as they were taken with my phone, and I'm a lousy photographer. And before anyone asks, yes, I'm wearing two t-shirts that are the exact same color, just a weird thing I do

draw.jpgt shirt down.jpgfront side worn in.jpgbackside worn in1.jpgfront slide seration wear in.jpgpistol in holster.jpg

Oh, and what looks like brown fuzz on the second to last pic is actually a felt Dot with an adhesive backing, I've placed a few on the inside of the kydex for a really perfect fit

Wrapping up, I love my Theis holster, have recommended it to 3 of my buddies already, and highly recommend it to anyone else.

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Last edited by NewtownSam; January 25th, 2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Content
    DandLfam likes this.
    Take the long way home...

There's only one minor issue I have with mine right now...my winter coat! By that I mean a winter coat of blubber. I've put on a bit of winter flab that my holster likes to dig into a bit. But it gets more comfortable as it breaks in (the holster, not the flab!). Overall I like the Theis! Now I just need to suck it up and pick up a good mag holder. I dropped $70 each on two nice gun belts and the $65 on the Theis in horsehide, but then cheaped out and bought a $12 Gote IWB double mag pouch. It's really not all that comfortable. I'll have to bite the bullet and get a good one from Tommy.

I currently carry a ppk, but I've been thinking I might like to carry my 1911 sometimes. The two holsters that I'm interested in are the Crossbreed and the Theis. I've heard nothing but great things about the Theis. Anyone here use one with a 1911 Gvt., and is it comfortable and concealable?

Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

I've been using a Tommy Theis with a G26 for about a year. It creaked a little when it was new but it stopped before I got around to doing anything about it. The retention isn't as tight as it was when I first got it but its still pretty good. I think I remember him telling me that I could tighten it with a hot wet towel or something but it's not loose enough for me to look into that yet either. That type of holster can be a little cumbersome to put on in a hurry but it's worth an extra few moments for the comfort and concealability they provide. I'm happy I got the kydex hooks also. I've seen 2 guys scratch their cars with the metal hooks on their cross breeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links