Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

This is a discussion on Just got my new Tommy Theis holster- within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; - And it is pretty awesome. Already adjusted everything, comfort is superlative, retention is perfect, and a bit of baby powder eliminated the new leather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

Just got my new Tommy Theis holster-

- And it is pretty awesome. Already adjusted everything, comfort is superlative, retention is perfect, and a bit of baby powder eliminated the new leather creak.
    It makes my little SR9c disappear, and hides the extended mag/full grip really well.
    All this for a very fair price, shipped to my door, and in under the estimated time. I'll post back again after it wears in a bit.

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Take the long way home...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    68blackbird likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Baby powder? Please elaborate.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Baby powder? Please elaborate.
    When these kind of holsters arrive new, they sometimes "squeak" a little when moving around/sitting. I think it is the leather between the metal rivets. The powder will help the squeak until the leather gets broke in and soften up. Hoping my Theis holster shows up in todays mail. I will add pics when it does.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Ayup, when the new horsehide rubs against the clips it makes a creaking noise. Not too loud, but if I can hear it, others can too :)
    A little baby powder (with talc) applied to the leather makes it super smooth and completely silent.
    I'll post pics tomorrow.

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Take the long way home...

My new Theis showed up today. Have been changing the screw pattern to get the right feel. Gotta say, right outta the package feels pretty good. Retention is spot on. Also, have to give big props to Tommy for his customer service. I ordered the holster, it actually came earlier in the week, but my Glock didn't fit in it. Looking at it, it just looked like the wrong holster. I took a couple pics, emailed them to Tommy, then got on his website. Within 5 minutes of my email to him, he calls me on my cell. He asked if I had the green CT Laserguard, yes sir. Well I ordered the holster for the red one, they are different, and it was my fault. Tommy said "I am pretty swamped, will get you correct holster pretty quick" Within a couple hours I had an email saying new holster was shipped! I sent his back, got this one, no extra charge. I do not think you can beat service like that, thanx Tommy!!

IMGP6490.jpgIMGP6489.jpgIMGP6488.jpg
    camsdaddy likes this.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Great story from a great sponsor. Been looking at theis for my m&p9c, my UBG just isn't cutting it. Good report of customer service.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

"My new Theis showed up today. Have been changing the screw pattern to get the right feel."

You do realise that the maker has shifted the bulk of his products liability (for which he may, or may not, be insured) to you, the customer; by providing the pieces for your assembly, like an Erector set? I'd be interested to see the accompanying instructions, which are always material evidence in a products liability suit, right down to the size and face of the type used. Post an image?
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    Holster designer-maker since 1958

An invention is an accident that has been waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    "My new Theis showed up today. Have been changing the screw pattern to get the right feel."

You do realise that the maker has shifted the bulk of his products liability (for which he may, or may not, be insured) to you, the customer; by providing the pieces for your assembly, like an Erector set? I'd be interested to see the accompanying instructions, which are always material evidence in a products liability suit, right down to the size and face of the type used. Post an image?
    Pretty sure he was talking about the screws that hold the clips on to adjust the ride height.

Sponsor

Yeah, curious what you meant by this post...
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtownSam View Post
    - And it is pretty awesome. Already adjusted everything, comfort is superlative, retention is perfect, and a bit of baby powder eliminated the new leather creak.
    It makes my little SR9c disappear, and hides the extended mag/full grip really well.
    All this for a very fair price, shipped to my door, and in under the estimated time. I'll post back again after it wears in a bit.

Respectfully,
    Sam
    That is the best part about working with American Made holster companies. You find people like Tommy who really care about their product and customer.

Enjoy,
    Clay
    68blackbird likes this.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

You must have this confused with another holster maker, the Theis holster came fully assembled. There are extra holes to allow for cant/height adjustment as the other posters mentioned. Pic attached as requested. Been wearing again today, I like it!

IMGP6488.jpgIMGP6489.jpgIMGP6490.jpg

- Antonio Meloni

I have been looking at this holder since I got my CHL, what postion do you wear yours and how is the comfort? I'm wanting something to wear around 3-4 o'clock with my ruger sr9.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashburns View Post
    I have been looking at this holder since I got my CHL, what postion do you wear yours and how is the comfort? I'm wanting something to wear around 3-4 o'clock with my ruger sr9.
    3-4 is where I have been wearing it. I did smooth off the leather edges that goes against my body, only had it for 2 days, maybe 6 hours wearing total, I like it a lot. If this type of holster is what your looking for, this one is a great choice.
    Flashburns likes this.

- Antonio Meloni

Even though I'm not sure why you think Theis holsters are build it yourself holsters, what kind of d-bag would sue someone who supplied a build it yourself holster kit that they put together themselves?

People have no sense of personal responsibility anymore.

And I love my Theis holster for my 4003.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links