Velcro on the inside of the belt?

This is a discussion on Velcro on the inside of the belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a new belt, and you all have talked me into getting a for-reals gun belt (or at least something custom made). I also ...

Thread: Velcro on the inside of the belt?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

I need a new belt, and you all have talked me into getting a for-reals gun belt (or at least something custom made).

I also like to carry a lot of stuff with me. I already have pockets for wallet, pepper spray, flashlight, keys, knife, cell phone, notebook, glasses, and a pen when I have a shirt pocket, but I still want to carry:
    • Full-sized pistol, IWB (tuckable)
    • Extra magazine for pistol
    • Extra battery for flashlight
    • magnifying glass (I do photo restorations and need to inspect originals to give estimates)

What I'm thinking of doing is getting the Velcro liner on the belt and making my own Kydex, cloth, or leather 'mini holsters' for my bat-belt full of goodies: I have enough of an overhang to permit carrying lots of IWB stuff, and I wear suspenders so I won't lose my trousers. I like the Velcro trick and V-clips as it is less obvious that you're hiding something. (V-clips go over the slacks and behind the belt, with their hook Velcro on the outside so as to grab the loop Velcro sewn to the inside of the belt) Reckon I could get my local leather guy to make me a gun belt with the Velcro for a decent price, too.

Thoughts?

Belt makers are already doing it like Wilderness and Beltman, go for it.

If you want the absolute best gunbelt, bar none... The Beltman.

You won't be disappointed.

Yes, Velcro lined is available.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

No reason at all why you can't do that. I end up with a lot of small pieces of Kydex and leather that are really too small for anything I use it for. I would be happy to send you some for the cost of shipping if you want some to play with before you but a whole chunk.

Links