Most concealable holster for full size ruger sr9

This is a discussion on Most concealable holster for full size ruger sr9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Best holster type and brand I'm new to concealed carry and need to know the best style. I'm leaning towards a shoulder rig for comfortability ...

Best holster type and brand
    I'm new to concealed carry and need to know the best style. I'm leaning towards a shoulder rig for comfortability and the ability to hide easily. My reasons for shoulder rig is I live in cooler climate of Colorado. I'm a mechanic so I definetly don't mind wearing a button up shirt year around. I have no butt or hips so its hard keeping up pants without a gun tugging on them.

I do plan to carry my sr9. No money for smaller gun for now. I also know people lean towards iwb carry because they are worried about quick draw. But I am a little more realistic in the fact that I'm no gun slinger, so if someone gets the drop on me with a knife or gun I will just hand over my wallet and try not to get stabbed.

I live next to the theater that got shot up in aurora co and don't want to be in those situations with no protection. Colorado and probably the rest of the world is losing its mind. So let me know what you think of shoulder carry.

I carry a Walther PPQ in an IWB holster at about 3:30. I use a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

Conceals easily and with training is very quick to unholster which is important because you may not have any warning that you need to use your gun...Don't rely on evil to announce its intentions...it may rear its ugly head when you least expect it.

One of the great things about the MaxTuck is the kydex can be changed out for under $20 when you get a new carry gun. The holster grows and changes when your gun collection grows and changes.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Sponsor
    I don't think you should concern to much about not having a smaller gun. With the right holster the SR9 should be fairly easy to conceal (its a fairly thin gun) Here is a link to a great holster option for you.

Ruger SR9 ACE-1 Holster

feature-small.jpg

Thanks!
    Clay

Thanks for the information, I have a SR9 also and am looking for a good IWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
    Best holster type and brand
    I'm new to concealed carry and need to know the best style. I'm leaning towards a shoulder rig for comfortability and the ability to hide easily. My reasons for shoulder rig is I live in cooler climate of Colorado. I'm a mechanic so I definetly don't mind wearing a button up shirt year around. I have no butt or hips so its hard keeping up pants without a gun tugging on them.
    I do plan to carry my sr9. No money for smaller gun for now. I also know people lean towards iwb carry because they are worried about quick draw. But I am a little more realistic in the fact that I'm no gun slinger, so if someone gets the drop on me with a knife or gun I will just hand over my wallet and try not to get stabbed.

I live next to the theater that got shot up in aurora co and don't want to be in those situations with no protection. Colorado and probably the rest of the world is losing its mind. So let me know what you think of shoulder carry.
    I no nothing of shoulder carry other than it looks really cool, and they are expensive rigs to buy. But alot of us suffer from "noassatall" sydrome, I use suspenders and it holds up my my P95 with no problems

Links