Get a feel for IWB without a holster? - Page 3

Get a feel for IWB without a holster?

This is a discussion on Get a feel for IWB without a holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thatguyjeff Anyway, I haven't bought/tried any sort of holster. And I don't have the scratch to buy a bunch of different styles. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Get a feel for IWB without a holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyjeff View Post
    Anyway, I haven't bought/tried any sort of holster. And I don't have the scratch to buy a bunch of different styles. Ideally, I would like to buy one and love it forever and never change - HA!
    Not a lot of scratch needed (like only $22!!):

Carry concealed Inside the Waistband gun leather holsters and accesories - Clip On CLP

It's pretty much like any other IWB holster and will be a cheap tester!

You're welcome.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

If you're new to carrying I'd highly recommend you not appendix carry. A negligent discharge in the 4-5 o'clock position might result in a trip to the hospital and long recovery while a ND in the appendix position very well may result in a trip to the morgue. Either could kill you but appendix increases the likelihood immensely IMO.

Update:
    My Remora arrived. Great advice on that one by the way. I've been trying all sorts of different IWB positions with that one around the house. Wore it all evening last night and SWMBO had no idea (great concealment). I'm sure if she would have noticed, she would have asked why I was wearing my pistol.

I'm preferring the location of an IAWB position - or about 1:00 - BUT, my barrel is poking me in the pelvis some. Probably my gut pushing the grip out, causing the barrel to poke some.

I'm wondering if a crossbreed type with the big leather piece would help that so it wouldn't poke as much. Is that type of IWB holster designed for IAWB carry? Thoughts/experience appreciated.
    I love the Remora for it's ability to be worn in almost any piece of clothing, including shorts.

Regarding the Crossbreed and AIWB carry. It will help a little bit. You won't feel the barrel, but you will still feel the leather poking into your pelvis. I have a Crossbreed Quickclip that I started carrying AIWB, but after getting the poking in the pelvis when sitting, I switched to the 4 oclock position and have not looked back.

My suggestion. Get a Crossbreed or another quality IWB hybrid. I prefer the Tommy Theis because he is cheaper and his hybrid has a little more barrel coverage on the gun. Position it at 4 oclock just right and it's damn comfy to wear all day. I carry my J frame, 380 or full size 4506 at 4 oclock and feel funny when it's there. Best way to carry and no one can see anything.

Good thread, I'm a CC noob, and was wanting to 'try out' IWB... just ordered a Remora for my Kahr P9.

Would just tucking my weapon into my WB without a holster - assuming I can do so safely - around the house and whatnot give me a good idea of whether or not IWB carry is for me?

Or, would it be a bad idea because just tucking a handgun in your WB without a holster is nothing like doing so with a holster?

Just curious.
    Safety issues aside, just stuffing the gun into the waistband of your trousers is nothing like using an IWB holster. A good IWB holster will a) hold the gun in a stable positon, b) distribute the weight across the belt, and c) distribute some of the weight across a patch of your body.

Buy a holster. I recommend a comp-tac MTAC, but there are a whole slew of excellent holsters out there for not very much money.

But you're going to end up owning a bunch of different holsters no matter what you do. It's just the way the world works - you have to try different things to figure out what you really want.

Buy a holster. Oh, and buy a good gun belt. A good belt is just as important as a good holster in terms of safety and comfort.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: Get a feel for IWB without a holster?

Cut a 2x4 about 6" long and shove it in your waistband, enjoy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links