The case for buying American Made holsters

This is a discussion on The case for buying American Made holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently I had a customer act surprised when I happily referred them to another company when they asked for a type of holster that I ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: The case for buying American Made holsters

Sponsor

Recently I had a customer act surprised when I happily referred them to another company when they asked for a type of holster that I didn't offer. They were surprised that I would be willing to turn them to one of my competitors. I'd like to offer some reasoning for this and suggest to others that they seriously consider buying only American Made holster from shops that really care about their customers.

-First off to explain my actions. I'm am a 2nd Amendment Supporter, and then a business owner-- In that order. I want to see more responsible citizens carrying every day, even if its not with one of my holsters from SHTFgear.com. Would I like it if everyone carried an SHTF Gear ACE holster with them? Heck yeah, but I understand that people have different tastes in holsters. I'd rather have someone choose to carry in any quality holster vs choosing not to carry because I can't fill that holster need for them.

There are countless numbers of American owned and operated holster companies out there that care about their product and their customer. When you purchase from these companies (The kind of company where talking to the owner doesn't take an act of congress) you are more likely to get a high level of customer service. Why? These companies value each and every customer, and the owners are personally invested in the designs and quality of their holsters.

So, when given the option, I suggest you give a serious look to quality made In America holsters. You can find a number of great companies right here on this forum.

Thanks!
    Clay

Clay. That's awesome. I have tried for years to get the retail folks I've worked for over the years to understand exactly this. You've got my business for sure. I'll be ordering a holster from you soon.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Been watching Miracle on 34th street? If you don't have it, can't get it, why not make a potential customer happy by refering them to someone esle who does? They'll appreciate and remember that.
    phreddy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

GH
    Ill be checking out OWB holsters for an M&P40C when it comes in. It will have to be an American made one.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Right on
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Very insightful, and well said.

I like your thought process.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Thanks for the uplifting message. I always try to buy American and equally important from a LOCAL MERCHANT. The money we spend needs to stay at home.
    SWENSON BOBCAT .45, SWENSON COMBAT COMMANDER .45 (built for me by Armand), TUSSEY JR KIMBER RCP .45, S&W 37(PERUVIAN PIP)
    US ARMY 1959-1965
    USAR 1975
    NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT

I buy American every chance I get , Go out of my way to do so . Even my coffee pot is American mad a Bunn.
    Some of my holsters are made by a man in TN along with belts. But the truth is most do not feel that way. Most of my weapons are American made and any I buy from now on will be. While I still can at least.
    Most are interested in price and the lowest wins I fight with people at work all the time about this
    norb5150 likes this.

I like it! Bianchi, tho, is hecho in Mexico.

6.JPG

And Null en La Inglaterra, and Nossar en Sudamerica, etc.

And does that mean if I start making my own holster line here in Oz, someday, it'll be unwelcome? Does being a Yank count?
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

I agree with Clay, many excellent holster makers to choose from here in the USA.

American made is the only way!

Sponsored Links