Defensive Carry banner

Holsters for track pants?

5K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Darrow75 
#1 ·
I'm about to buy my first gun, leaning towards the Glock 26. I've been looking around for holsters but they all look to be for jeans/belt and I'm usually in track pants when I'm out casually. I prefer inside the waistband, as unnoticeable as possible, not too big, and comfortable because I plan on jogging with it in the morning, wearing it to dinner, etc... Does anyone of know any? Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
Yeah, I understand. Anything that holds it to your body is going to be less than ideal. Glad you are getting some other options; they look more promising for something that would fit all your criteria in one shot.

#8 ·
Look at the Remora holster, I've seen some reviews on it and there have been some Youtube reviews on the holster. Looks like a pretty good holster, though it would take me some time to get used to a holster that doesn't really attach to anything.

Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo - YouTube

#12 ·
Holster shirt? I have seen some by 5.1.1 Tactical that look like under armor type fabric and would hold the firearm up near your armpit like a shoulder holster.

5.11 Holster Shirt V-Neck | Harrison's Workwear
I have one of these. If you like compression-style shirts then you will love this. I wear one all the time and stuff my M&P 9c or my Ruger LCP into it with a spare mag on the opposite side.

#10 ·
I carry in a Remora... work pants, sweat pants... hell it stays put in my boxers.

#25 ·
+1 to what he said, the Remora is awesomeness! You can pick one up for about $25 and right now they have a %25 off coupon code on top of the already low price. (newyear25)

#14 ·
I've been looking around for holsters but they all look to be for jeans/belt and I'm usually in track pants when I'm out casually.
Well, you're correct when you point out that most rigs require a sturdy platform to function well. A decent holster with solid belt/pants and a location along the hip that holds it well and comfortably is going to do that. To the extent you compromise any of these, you'll generally compromise the result.

In flimsy pants such as "track" or "sweat" garb, I'd opt for something along the lines of SmartCarry or similar "belly band" holstering. IMO, sturdiness is still a requirement, and since the pants can't offer this the belly band rigs can be a good alternative.

#19 ·
I carry my Kahr CM9 and LCP (not at the same time however) in a Ramora when wearing sweat pants, swim trunks etc. Works for me but your firearm maybe somewhat heavier than mine I am not sure. I think they would work though. Oh yeah I forgot, I am not a runner, never was, so I am not sure if a Ramora would work while running. :smile:

#27 ·
Go on to YouTube & put in TACTIPAC FUSION HOLSTER Anthony the company's owner has a nice explanation Video of his Fusion IWB holster.? I bought one for my XD40 about a month ago $80.00 + free delivery & only apx a 2 week delivery time.? I love this holster & it is everything that it is advertised.? so check it out.? You do not need to dress around this holster for Shorts, Jogging pants etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.