Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'? - Page 2

Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

This is a discussion on Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by swiftyjuan I have Thunderwear, and tried it ...once. Then I remembered the old safety slogan "Never point a gun at something you ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    I have Thunderwear, and tried it ...once. Then I remembered the old safety slogan "Never point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy." I have one set of thunderwear for sale cheap; will even wash them...
    (Actually, our house is being remodeled <wifes project>, and I can't even find my Thunderwear; I hope they didn't escape!
    Yeah, I don't know, maybe it's just me. Regardless of the amount of washing, I'm a little fidgety about clothing that's housed a different set of goods at one time.

this thread is just too funny.....as the the holster...im sure it works for its purpose.....will i use it? no. just dont like anything digging into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Plus, I don't care who you are, that gun she is concealing is going to print and she will look as if she has man goods down there with tight short's like that.
    Ti.
    The man goods might keep her from being a target.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

For Sale: One set of slightly used Thunderwear. Make an offer!

Not mine! This guys! http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/artic...&storyid=41138

If interested see more pics here: http://www.tampabays10.com/webgaller...pons/index.htm

Slightly useed?! Man, looks like somethin's been attackin' that thunderwear from behind!!
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Dang that looks like a bullet "wound" in those thunderwear!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    "Never point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy." :
    My sentiments, exactly. The very thought makes me cringe.

Also, as to the picture of the "slightly used" Thunderwear; those things are just plain Nappy.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

For you thunderwear supporters, I'm curious, are you able to sit down with no problem? Is it tight fitting or does it bang against your junks? lol I'm being serious. I was actually thinking about this for deep concealment for work.

Smartcarry is great!

I use smartcarry with SW340pd, with the muzzle at about 11 O'Clock. I use it for deep concealment when I simply can not be made. Weddings, funerals, that type of thing. It is without a doubt the most comfortable way I carry this little pistol. I also use it, when wearing a belt is not an option. During the summer, T-shirt, swim trunks or sweat shorts, ultra casual stuff it works absolutely great. It uses a large Velcro belt, which is attached to the holster via a heavy duty elastic type material. So, if your active, sitting down etc, it stretches enough to be very comfortable. I've used it bike riding, horseshoe tournaments, jogging etc. Last year, I was invited on my friends boat. We ended up anchoring at a local hangout, so I was forced to leave it on under my trunks and jump in. Of course I was very carefully, not to be too active in the water, just waiding around etc. Kind of neat to know I was packing, in the water, with only swim shorts on. I was in the water for about 2 hours. Once home, I had to see if the gun fired. Boom, all 5 rounds of 357 mag went off fine. This is great holster to have in your holster box. Also I would like to remind everyone, it is machine washable..
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jowgafist View Post
    For you thunderwear supporters, I'm curious, are you able to sit down with no problem? Is it tight fitting or does it bang against your junks? lol I'm being serious. I was actually thinking about this for deep concealment for work.
    I only use my Thunderwear on Sundays and I don't have any problem wearing it all day with a S&W 640 or a Glock 27. I actually tried a SIG P-229 one day and it wasn't too bad but I did go back to a smaller gun.

You definately don't want skin tight jeans on. Dockers are ideal for me!

On the flip side, I do have an order in to Lou Alessi for one of his ankle holsters. I like to have as many options as I can and the Glock will be used as a BUG the rest of the week.

OH! One more thing! I have the one that has an additional pocket for cash, ID or whatever. Even with no gun it is usable for travel as a safe stash for your loot!
    Last edited by Thumper; October 19th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Moderator
    I have been thinking about getting a smart carry or thunderwear for conceal carry at work or other places that a IWB will not work. The only prob with conceal carry is that i am 6'3" and weigh 135 lbs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a smart carry or thunderwear for conceal carry at work or other places that a IWB will not work. The only prob with conceal carry is that i am 6'3" and weigh 135 lbs.
    Contact either one, they'll fit you!

superior skills."

Thanks RJVA and THUMPER...good suggestion on the extra pocket Thumper. I'm gonna order one if I have an AD down there I'm gonna be upset and blame you guys :P j/k

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jowgafist View Post
    Thanks RJVA and THUMPER...good suggestion on the extra pocket Thumper. I'm gonna order one if I have an AD down there I'm gonna be upset and blame you guys :P j/k
    AFTER you get out of the hospital!

superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    It's difficult to be serious now...but I need to defend us "crotch carriers"...

SmartCarry works well for me, especially when dressed business casual with no cover garment. So there's no printing, pleated Dockers help. The "Daisy Duke" shorts in the picture aren't a good choice, at least not for what we're supposed to be talking about here.

If you're a naysayer, you can give SmartCarry a free 60-day trial...the owner, Charlie, is a great guy to work with...you'll become a believer once you wear SmartCarry!

http://www.smartcarry.com/
    I agree. I work in an enviorment where being made would not be good. Smart Carry is THE WAY to carry. You also can get surprisingly fast, even when seated, with some practice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links