Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

This is a discussion on Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well, it doesn't actually point right at your junk (unless you're deformed maybe ) it more like lays on top of it It's good for ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

well, it doesn't actually point right at your junk (unless you're deformed maybe) it more like lays on top of it

It's good for a few times:
    1. tucked in shirt, if you don't have a tuckable holster
    2. athletic shorts or pants with no belt

It's pretty much the only thing that works on rare occasions, I use mine about once a month, but without it I wouldn't be able to carry at all those times.

I find it slightly uncomfortable, but not terrible. It works much better with single stack guns with short grips. G26 works pretty good, but it is thick. My ultra carry works good, but the grip could be shorter in it. My wifes PPK seems to be perfect in it.

Draw is just OK, not as bad as some other methods but not as fast as on a belt, of course if you have to shoot someone they may find it amusing that you appear to be playing with yourself before you drop them.

The great thing is (for guys) that even if you print it doesn't matter because guys don't generally sit around and stare at each other's wangs. You may be in trouble if you go to San Francisco though.

2. Remove Ads

I should invest in it.

I carry my snubby at my apendix (12:30-01:00), and its extreamly confy can concealable. With this I can carry with a tucked shirt, like Hobbs said. Also I am a thin guy, so I might get one for a large frame as well.

I find it slightly uncomfortable, but not terrible. It works much better with single stack guns with short grips. G26 works pretty good, but it is thick.
    So its abit unconfortable, but does the "thickness" get any attention from the oposite sex?

There's an Isaeli guy over on glock talk that goes running with a G19 in a smart carry.

There's an Isaeli guy over on glock talk that goes running with a G19 in a smart carry.
    Cool, Thunderwear seems like the ticket, when I need to yuck my shirt in.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Even though the chances of a ND are slim I just can't carry that way. I don't want an instant sex change operation.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I have been using one for the past 1 1/2 years and there are times when it is the only easy means of carrying a reasonably sized sidearm. Typically, I carry a Kimber Ultra in it. This works well when for can not have a cover garment and you want more than a Kel-Tec or J frame in the pocket and are wearing shorts so the ankle holster is out. It is faster than the ankle holster.

I position the pistol at 2:00 like appendex carry. You keep the belt slightly loose and it is pretty east to get to. Use shorts or trousers that are pleated and it is very easy to conceal as well as comfortable. The additional pocket can hols a spoare mag as well as cuffs.

Not the every day holster but the "when you need ot holster."

Do I Have This Correct?...

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    I have been using one for the past 1 1/2 years and there are times when it is the only easy means of carrying a reasonably sized sidearm. Typically, I carry a Kimber Ultra in it. This works well when for can not have a cover garment and you want more than a Kel-Tec or J frame in the pocket and are wearing shorts so the ankle holster is out. It is faster than the ankle holster.

I position the pistol at 2:00 like appendex carry. You keep the belt slightly loose and it is pretty east to get to. Use shorts or trousers that are pleated and it is very easy to conceal as well as comfortable. The additional pocket can hols a spoare mag as well as cuffs.

Not the every day holster but the "when you need ot holster."
    First I wear the Thunder Wear, put in the gun, a few extra mags, and my cuffs too?
    This borders on 'false advertising'!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    First I wear the Thunder Wear, put in the gun, a few extra mags, and my cuffs too?
    This borders on 'false advertising'!

OMO

ret
    It's the only time "printing" is a good thing!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I dig the white thunderwear from smartcarry. It says "Miami Vice" like no other holster, haha.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

I use Safe Carry for my Glock 26 here in Houston when I am wearing shorts and T-shirt, which is almost everyday. The wife and I go for a 6 mile walk almost everyday and with the heat and humidity here on the Gulf Coast I am in shorts & T-shirt a lot.
    I carry with one in the chamber and am very comfortable.
    I agree that this is not a fast draw method of carrying, but compared to being without a gun................................
    I don't carry it in front - I carry it on my side in the back in the same position I carry when I am wearing jeans and using my Tucker Coverup IWB with the shirt tucked in.
    For shorts in a hot humid environment the Safe Carry is a viable and does the job very very well. I recommend them.

I use smartcarry in the summer with pleated shorts for a medium size gun that won't pocket carry. It just works for me.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

About a month ago I purchased a Smart Carry from Charlie. I carried my H&K USP .40 Compact plus one extra mag with no problem, wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I also took it on a long road trip, 8 hours and wore it the whole time. No problem while seated. Excellent for deep concealment. I recently purchased a Glock 27 and that thing conceals even better due to the shorter grip.

The muzzle, if worn properly does not point at the family jewelry, it sits above your "stuff" and points at the ground. Pleated pants or shorts hide best, loose fitting jeans are fine also.

Like all CCW options, it has drawbacks, like draw speed....but you can't have everything. If you are interested, Charlie just posted a video from one of his customers. You can see it at http://www.smartcarry.com/

I'm happy with it thus far, and yes, I do carry one in the chamber.

I have a question, what if "mr. johnson" decides to try to "salute" that half-way naked blonde (or any color hair) that just walked by?

I figure that if this happened it would make having anything "on it" abet uncomfortable as well as "it" having no place to really "stand up" and complete the salute.

"Re-adjustment" would also be abet hard (no pun intended) I would suspect.

Hey, in my way of thinking, I have to take "everything" into account. This just isn't something that you have to think about when you OWB, IWB, ankle or SOB carry .

Wayne

It certainly is going to get crowded down there in that event. Good question.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I would think the constant motion of walking would serve to continually encourage Mr. Johnson to be at attention. Now whether thes is a plus or a minus...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links