Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

This is a discussion on Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of you guys need to take a reading comprehension course. Did you fail to get the part about it not pointing at the franks ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

Some of you guys need to take a reading comprehension course. Did you fail to get the part about it not pointing at the franks n beans?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jamz View Post
    Some of you guys need to take a reading comprehension course. Did you fail to get the part about it not pointing at the franks n beans?
    Don't care! I don't want a gun going off near my junk. It would be a sad day that I would have to wave good buy my two best friends due to some slide issue, muzzle flash, etc.

A gun going off that close to your junk can never good.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

I have only been carrying concealed for a short while. However, the Smart Carry is thus far the most comfortable and concealable holster I have. I have tried two "inexpensive" IWB holsters and they are not at all comfortable when sitting. I am still trying different waist locations.

As far as AD concerns with the SC, I don't know how that could happen. I carry my G27 or H&K compact in the SC with one in the pipe. The SC fits very snug around the gun and I cannot see anything inadvertantly pulling the trigger. I guess anything is possible. However, for comfort and concealment, the SC is the best for me thus far. I will keep on trying other holsters, but don't want to have $1000 worth of holsters I don't like in my drawer.

I have been keeping an eye out for a Milt Sparks VMII just to try it.

DMR
    I have one and use it quite often.

After you get used to it, it is quite comfortable. Good for places where you don't normally wear jackets because of the heat and can't easily conceal an IWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Anyway, the smart carry works for me with the diminutive P3AT. Anything bigger and the end of the grip starts to print.
    Raise it up a bit and/or try a new belt. I carry my Bersa in a SmartCarry when I go bowling, and arrange it so the butt is pretty much level with the top of my waistband. It doesn't take much help from the shirt to keep it well hidden, and the Wilderness Tactical belt smooths out any printing issues.

I can do the same with my 1911 and nobody notices the slight bulge in the belt, but it's a lot less comfortable to sit down with since mine has a spur hammer.

I own one. It did not work out for me. I keep it around though as I could see using it to keep cash in while traveling.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i use a smart carry alot in the summer with my 642 especially biking, camping and hiking. I use it as it is intended or rotated to 3pm with shorts and tshirt with the butt of the firearm just over the waist of elastic shorts, or pants. It really works nice when you don't want to wear a belt.
    I think it is an essential holster to have, and worth the money.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I tried Smart Carry when I first got my CCW, since I wouldn;t be able to wear anything visible at work, and Vegas summers prevent cover garments. Didn't care for it, figuring that the only time I would be actually able to draw it would be standing at a urinal. I really didn't think an assailant would allow me to unzip my pants- and if he did, I would really hope that I could draw first, cause I don't think that I would like what would come next. Anyway, I find pocket carry of my Glock 26 a far better choice.

VIP Member
    I just began carrying today and i went OWB. I cant imagine anything more comfortable and accessible. But I began buying holsters and such 2 months ago while waiting for my permit and trying them out around the house. The Smart Carry was the first i bought. I use a 642 for my conceal weapon. I have a church program to go to Sunday and i cant see getting away with any other way to carry than the Smart Carry. I DO NOT want to get caught carrying in a church and it conceals very well and is comfortable. I dont know about a larger weapon.
    I do worry about the draw time. But with more practice and loosing my beer gut , I know it can get fast with it..
    Don't knock it till ya try it. It has its place.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

+1

Quote Originally Posted by jamz View Post
    I've got one, only used it the regular way a few times, and it was fine. Carried a G19 and a 3" 1911. It does not point at your junk.

I didn't like the slow access though, sooo.

I slung it around so the pouch was in the 3:00 IWB position or so, hoisted the straps a bit higher, and PRESTO: Instant, clipless, perfectly tuckable IWB Holster! This way gave me a full firing grip on the handle, and was very quick to draw. Concealed with a tight tshirt or, as mentioned before, tucakble.

I used it this way to carry IWB with kakhis and a tucked in polo shirt. Absolutely invisible.
    JamZ!! absolutely....I carry like this often and it is great! We have threads on here about people wanting a tuckable holster....this is the best tuckable there is....I wore it like this in a wedding once, and I was in the wedding in front of hundreds of people...no not my wedding!
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links