Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'?

This is a discussion on Thunderwear! Are YOU wearin'? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So we all know (I assume) basically what thunderwear is. You see the hot chick in the tight shorts and POOF, she unzips her shorts ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

So we all know (I assume) basically what thunderwear is. You see the hot chick in the tight shorts and POOF, she unzips her shorts and displays 1+ big handguns that she's hiding down there. Is this holster practical/ comfortable?

And yes, I did have to include the pic. :)
    You know, just to make sure you guys knew what I was talking about.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Risque007; October 18th, 2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Had to add the sexy pic.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

Thunderwear, Smart Carry are both the same. I really don't like them other than deep concealment times of need. Or possibly for a back up. I would not carry my primary like that ever, it is to slow to draw and has the potential to snag on something. Although I hear good things about it for those who carry this way everyday, I just don't see pulling your weapon in a self defense situatuion with that "almost" holster.

Plus, I don't care who you are, that gun she is concealing is going to print and she will look as if she has man goods down there with tight short's like that.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Thunder Wear?

Several points here...

-If I wore 'Thunder Wear'...I would never see my gun......

-My wife would die laughing...

-She would suggest that I am nuts, and that that was probably what was going to get shot...

-And you said SOB could cause injuries...SOD could be much worse...

Finally, I must offically submit a protest...my picture was used here without my permission...

Stay very safe...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm s'posed to be learning worthwhile newby stuff here ya know...now stop it!

Y'all.....this is just way too much fun.....
    Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. ~Goethe

Assistant Administrator
    I have a SmartCarry - it has been used three times I recall over about four years.

On each occasion that was quite literally the only way I could gain deep - really deep concealment. The concerns over draw, comfort - potty visits - all were as nothing compared with still having an available means of SD.

Very much then and still - absolute last resort but - sure does come into its own now and again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ti - ''Man goods" - LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It's difficult to be serious now...but I need to defend us "crotch carriers"...

SmartCarry works well for me, especially when dressed business casual with no cover garment. So there's no printing, pleated Dockers help. The "Daisy Duke" shorts in the picture aren't a good choice, at least not for what we're supposed to be talking about here.

If you're a naysayer, you can give SmartCarry a free 60-day trial...the owner, Charlie, is a great guy to work with...you'll become a believer once you wear SmartCarry!

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Lew
    ...I can't comment on this...
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    It might be Ok, for really deep concealment, just so you'd have something on you. But I don't think packing any of my 1911s there would be too much fun. The little P64, or something of similar size.

I carry my glock with an empty chamber, and a SAF-T-BLOK, in a SmartCarry, because I am so situationally aware that I'll have plenty time to unzip, draw, rack the slide, and push out the SAF-T-BLOK...

I of course am joking, but was told this almost verbatim on another forum... One that "Talks about Glocks"... Then I was flamed by a dozen others when I pointed out that he'd be better off caring a heavier gun, because an unloaded gun in a fight is basically a club, and that a inaccessible gun isn't even that.. .

VIP Member
    Because of all the huggin' we do at our church, I have adopted Thunderwear for Sundays.
    Last edited by Thumper; November 16th, 2006 at 06:53 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I use my SmartCarry regularly and have for years. I always wear pleated pants/shorts to minimize printing. It works quite well. I cannot draw from it as quickly from the SC as from IWB, but I don't expect to encounter John Wesley Hardin.

The SmartCarry is sown specially so that nothing on the pistol will catch on the holster when drawing (or reholstering). It covers the trigger to avoid ADs while drawing. I carry a Kimber SS Ultra Carry M1911 cocked and locked in it without issue. I have one for my full size M1911, but I'm not tall enough to conceal it very well.

Besides deep concealment due to clothing limits in business, etc., the SC also helps in "huggy" environments like family reunions, church socials, etc., when IWB would no be effective.

Overall, I'm very happy with the SmartCarry. I bought a spare, but have yet to come close to wearing out my original after six years of at least weekly use.
    Last edited by TBob; October 18th, 2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I have two things that belong down my pants one belongs to me and the other to my wife.

Deep cover??? Is there a holster that would allow me to carry concealed in the crack of my Rear? HAHA

I can see where this would be useful if you had the right body type. I can't see a pistol tucked up under my gut as being comfortable.

To each their own.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I hear folks talk down about SmartCarry/Thunderwear kind of holsters, saying how slow the draw would be....then they talk about their ankle holsters or shoulder holsters buried under two layers of clothing...

And, if you check out the pictures at SmartCarry's website, you'll find that even a small skinny guy can hide a 1911 quite readily; like I said, if you're not a believer, use their 60-day free trial, then you won't be chuckling about it anymore.

Whoops...slipped of that soapbox again...

I have Thunderwear, and tried it ...once. Then I remembered the old safety slogan "Never point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy." I have one set of thunderwear for sale cheap; will even wash them...
    (Actually, our house is being remodeled <wifes project>, and I can't even find my Thunderwear; I hope they didn't escape!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Plus, I don't care who you are, that gun she is concealing is going to print and she will look as if she has man goods down there with tight short's like that.

Ti.

LOL at "man goods down there". That comment is so funny.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links