Defensive Carry banner

Recommendation for a Springfield 1911 Holster (Custom or stock)

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cmdrdredd 
#1 ·
Looking for a gift for a person that carries a Springfield 1911. Not sure of the model, still trying to figure that out. It might be the "Loaded" one. It's ridiculously big, ridiculously accurate and ridiculously cool.

What custom makers do you recommend for a nice, "Gift quality" holster that will also be used on an daily basis? Stock holsters are also fine if they are nice.

I don't carry a .45 (they make by arse look fat) so I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance,
Pef

#2 ·
You think a 1911 is "ridiculously big"? I wonder what you'd think of an S&W 29 on someone's hip.

Do you think your friend would appreciate an IWB holster? If so, a Milt Sparks Summer Special is a classic. Minimalist design, so it doesn't take up half an acre of body real estate like a Crossbreed. There's a long wait if you get 'em directly from Sparks, but Brownell's usually has them in stock.

#4 ·
I am not sure of the wait time but adamsleatherworks.com makes some really nice tooled 1911 holsters. Looking at his web site he has reasonable prices for such a quality holster.
For really tricked out laser etched holsters try hayes leather. Kent Hayes has some really great looking stuff.

Good luck,
Jeff Hays

#6 ·
Check out the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, great holster, and you can even have it customized to fit the recipient. Rocky is really grate to work with. Go to the Pure Kustom Site and check out their customized hoslters. Oh, and the Trooper one is mine!

#7 ·
+1 ^^^

#11 ·
My 1911SC carry holster of choice

I prefer to carry IWB. I also prefer leather over Kydex. I use a Zlogonje IWB#5. They have severaal other options but this one is lightweight and tuckable. I own two and carry an XDs in the other. I can't reccomend this enough. The quality is fantastic and the owner Dan is very responsive to questions. Check out their website. I am not associated with them in any way so this is just my opinion.:hand10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.