Recommendation for a Springfield 1911 Holster (Custom or stock)

This is a discussion on Recommendation for a Springfield 1911 Holster (Custom or stock) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a gift for a person that carries a Springfield 1911. Not sure of the model, still trying to figure that out. It might ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Recommendation for a Springfield 1911 Holster (Custom or stock)

VIP Member

Recommendation for a Springfield 1911 Holster (Custom or stock)

Looking for a gift for a person that carries a Springfield 1911. Not sure of the model, still trying to figure that out. It might be the "Loaded" one. It's ridiculously big, ridiculously accurate and ridiculously cool.

What custom makers do you recommend for a nice, "Gift quality" holster that will also be used on an daily basis? Stock holsters are also fine if they are nice.

I don't carry a .45 (they make by arse look fat) so I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance,
    Pef

2. Remove Ads

You think a 1911 is "ridiculously big"? I wonder what you'd think of an S&W 29 on someone's hip.

Do you think your friend would appreciate an IWB holster? If so, a Milt Sparks Summer Special is a classic. Minimalist design, so it doesn't take up half an acre of body real estate like a Crossbreed. There's a long wait if you get 'em directly from Sparks, but Brownell's usually has them in stock.
    OD* and tmoore912 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You think a 1911 is "ridiculously big"? I wonder what you'd think of an S&W 29 on someone's hip.

Do you think your friend would appreciate an IWB holster? If so, a Milt Sparks Summer Special is a classic. Minimalist design, so it doesn't take up half an acre of body real estate like a Crossbreed. There's a long wait if you get 'em directly from Sparks, but Brownell's usually has them in stock.
    Thanks. I'm a "compact" semi-auto guy. I do have a 6" model 29, but for some reason that Model 29 seems "just right." :)

I am not sure of the wait time but adamsleatherworks.com makes some really nice tooled 1911 holsters. Looking at his web site he has reasonable prices for such a quality holster.
    For really tricked out laser etched holsters try hayes leather. Kent Hayes has some really great looking stuff.

Good luck,
    Jeff Hays
    NRA Life Member, Holster Maker
    www.haysholsters.com

I like my MTAC for my 1911.

Check out the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, great holster, and you can even have it customized to fit the recipient. Rocky is really grate to work with. Go to the Pure Kustom Site and check out their customized hoslters. Oh, and the Trooper one is mine!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Check out the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, great holster, and you can even have it customized to fit the recipient. Rocky is really grate to work with. Go to the Pure Kustom Site and check out their customized hoslters. Oh, and the Trooper one is mine!
    +1 ^^^
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

+1 on this advice if your friend wants IWB. I have several SSII for different guns. They are fantastic CC holsters.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member

I once made a very effective shoulder rig for the 6 1/2" model 29 I used to own, and yes, ridiculously big.

VIP Member
    I love the Brommeland Max-Con V iwb. Here is a video of it: The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    While the manufacturer has a very long wait time, these folks might have what you are looking for in stock:
    DRC Firearms

My 1911SC carry holster of choice

I prefer to carry IWB. I also prefer leather over Kydex. I use a Zlogonje IWB#5. They have severaal other options but this one is lightweight and tuckable. I own two and carry an XDs in the other. I can't reccomend this enough. The quality is fantastic and the owner Dan is very responsive to questions. Check out their website. I am not associated with them in any way so this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This is what I'd do. I have a Black ops Pro for my Dan Wesson CBOB 1911 and it's super high quality. Ultra stiff so it won't collapse, multiple ways to adjust for carry(can be used IWB or OWB), water proof too. Actually thinking of ordering one for my G23 as well.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Links