Easy on-off IWB for LCR: SideGuard "Tuck Clip"?

This is a discussion on Easy on-off IWB for LCR: SideGuard "Tuck Clip"? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need an easy on-off IWB for my LCR .38. I have a DeSantis Sof-Tuck that was purchased for it, but it falls out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Easy on-off IWB for LCR: SideGuard "Tuck Clip"?

I need an easy on-off IWB for my LCR .38. I have a DeSantis Sof-Tuck that was purchased for it, but it falls out of that holster--the guard is too large to allow it to fit snugly.

I really like the D.M. Bullard "Tuckable IWB" and the $100 price is not an issue, but the 20 week lead time is a bit of a stretch. I just ran across the SideGuard "Tuck Clip", which is orderable for the LCR .38 with half the Bullard lead time. Anybody have experience of these with an LCR (or other snub)? How's the retention. It looks wet-molded, so I'm hoping it's a good snug fit.

Also any remarks on experiences with Sideguard would be welcome.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

I dont have any experienced with the above mentioned holsters but one to consider is the Talon training group. I have this in the metal clip version which makes it effortless to put on and remove.

Here is a video on it from their site.
    Talon Training Group

High Noon is one of our forum's sponsors.
    I think you will find quality holsters delivered pretty quickly.

High Noon Holsters
    FlaRon likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I have two sideguard double clip tuckables, right and left handed, excellent quality, and comfortable to wear.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

I have a kydex/leather iwb from old faithful holsters. Gun snaps in and is completely adjustable.

Worth every penny. 50 bucks for the DIY kit. Great setup.

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I don't have one, but check out QwikClip | Crossbreed Holsters - QwikClip
    Mudgen likes this.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Mudgen,
    I've got a Side Guard "Tuck Clip" holster that I'v been using to carry a Kahr CW45 for the past 9 months. It's a nicely made holster w/ a fairly short turnaround. Compared to my double clip holster, it's easier to put on and take off. I've noticed two things:
    1. The holster needs to be snugged up w/ a belt very tight. If not, when drawn the holster has a tendency to pull up out of the IWB position, ending up on the outside and above the belt.
    2. When putting the holster on, make a point of positioning the clip in a vertical position. Otherwise, the natural balance of the gun/holster will tilt it forward.

Nevertheless, I like mine and would buy it again.
    mjeffa212 and Mudgen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    Mudgen,
    I've got a Side Guard "Tuck Clip" holster that I'v been using to carry a Kahr CW45 for the past 9 months. It's a nicely made holster w/ a fairly short turnaround. Compared to my double clip holster, it's easier to put on and take off. I've noticed two things:
    1. The holster needs to be snugged up w/ a belt very tight. If not, when drawn the holster has a tendency to pull up out of the IWB position, ending up on the outside and above the belt.
    2. When putting the holster on, make a point of positioning the clip in a vertical position. Otherwise, the natural balance of the gun/holster will tilt it forward.

Nevertheless, I like mine and would buy it again.
    Yeah, I was a little concerned about the offset clip creating some kind of pivot effect. It looks like the CB QwikClip could be prone to the same issue. I appreciate the feedback.

And thanks to all who commented. I don't think any two-clip holster is going to fit my easy on/off criteria (I have a Kholster Little Moon that works well with the LCR, but it takes a couple of minutes to put on). I'm concerned about retention with the non-molded (and very reasonably priced) in-stock HIgh Noons. It's looking like the Bullard or the High Noon Alter Ego are the best candidates. The Alter Ego is rough-out, which I don't really care for, and is even pricier than the Bullard, so I may decide to wait out the Bullard five month lead time.

I may have it before I can get any more .223 ammo for the Mini-14.
    --Alan Simpson

Sponsor
    Take a look at SHTF Gear LLC, we have holster options for the Ruger LCR 357, and the 38 LCR.

Ruger LCR .357 Mag ACE-1 Holster
    Ruger LCR 38 special ACE-1 Holster

With our holsters you can use either Tuckable Leather Belt Loops or steel clips. Both work well and are pretty dang quick.

Glock-front-right-1500.jpgGlock-front-left-1500.jpgfeature, small.jpgleather loop-edit-trans.jpg

Thank!
    Clay

Thanks, Clay. I like your stuff, but I should probably elaborate a little more on my issues with dual clip for quick on/off. I'm a bit skinny, at 6'0" and a top weight of 150. Dual clip holsters are all so wide that it takes a good bit of positioning to get it where it's neither trying to wrap around my hip bone nor impeding the operation of a "french fly", which I have on most of my trousers. So it's a standing, two handed, two minute operation. Just doesn't work for days when I have to disarm/rearm a number of times because I'm going into gun-free zones. With the DeSantis Sof-tuck, I can take it on/off in seconds while seated in the car. But the one they sell for the LCR has no retention whatsover, in spite of trying to do some wet molding with pressure.

So it looks like it's boiling down to:
    --Two clip won't work for reasons stated
    --One clip unmolded leather (ones I've tried) won't retain the gun (this seems to be because the oversized trigger guard won't let it seat deeply enough for compression to hold it).
    --One clip kydex has to be offset to one side and is likely to pivot and move on the draw.

So I'm looking for my best option in a single-center-clip molded leather. I just have to suck it up that they're expensive, I guess.
    --Alan Simpson

http://www.ubgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Becker w forward cant!

4-7 week lead time
    Had one for my sp101 loved it.
    Will be ordering one for my lcr when I get my income tax refund.

Nate does excellent work
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Doh! Can't believe I never mentioned that I carry cross @10:00. You need rearward cant, if any, for that. But the Becker in straight up could work--the offset is still on the body of the holster rather than a back plate, so it might not give the pivot effect while still giving some of the thin-ness advantage of offset.
    --Alan Simpson

I've ordered two holsters from Sideguard, both times the service was good with fast turn around time. Both were quick clips, one for a keltec P11 the other for an LCR. The LCR was perfect, quick on and off with no retention issues, carried anywhere IWB from 1 to 3 o'clock. Highly recommended for a good quality fairly priced product.

Cool

I use a High Noon Public Secret holster for AIWB carry of my j-frame S&W's.

A quality 2 ply belt is a must for carrying a firearm. The one in the photo is by Beltman.

Image 1.jpgImage 2.jpgImage.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

They should have one for your LCR in stock.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links