Something For "Handy" Carry While Running?

This is a discussion on Something For "Handy" Carry While Running? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My solution for CC while running is to carry some sort of zippered wallet or pouch just big enough for either of my 2" J ...

My solution for CC while running is to carry some sort of zippered wallet or pouch just big enough for either of my 2" J frames, with a slot for my iPhone and permit, and perhaps a knife. It'd be nice if it were padded inside to cushion the revolver and keep it from bouncing around. I would just carry it in hand while running. And before any of you try to dissuade me of that, I usually carry hand weights anyway.

Anybody know of a commercial version of what I'm describing?

Cheers,
    Tom

Pistolwear.com

Galco Planner Holster.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I've used a belly band and smart carry, both with satisfactory results. That said, most holster makers offer some type of a wallet or planner holster.

Why do you want to occupy one of your hands by carrying a holstered gun in it? This would make it a two handed draw, would it not? What if you need both of your hands to ward off a unexpected attack by a person or a dog? Are you going to drop the holstered gun? What if you drop it, or it gets knocked out of your hand before you can deploy the gun.

Off body carry is not a good idea in my book. It's better on your body, so that you can use your hands for other things or a one handed draw.

I use a pistolwear.com holster when running or working out.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links