LCR holster for a "chubby" guy?

This is a discussion on LCR holster for a "chubby" guy? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title says it all. I'm thinking Remora, but not sure what size. Or any other suggestions on how to carry the LCR? I tried a ...

Thread: LCR holster for a "chubby" guy?

Title says it all. I'm thinking Remora, but not sure what size. Or any other suggestions on how to carry the LCR? I tried a pocket holster from Blackhawk, but not happy with the result. I also grabbed one of their IWB holsters, but it really sticks out, from 3 O'clock back. Appendix carry is a little tough with my belly in the way :) I'm considering OWB, but I'm looking for something for summer carry also. ANY suggestions are welcome! I have an Old Faithful holster kit on order for my SR9C, and may get the kydex so i can swap it out and try the LCR with it. But can you carry that way comfortable with cargo shorts and T shirts?

Sponsor
    Take a look at SHTF Gear Holsters. A comfortable hybrid design and we offer holster for the .38 LCR and the .357 LCR.

Check it out here.

Ruger LCR .357 Mag ACE-1 Holster
    Ruger LCR 38 special ACE-1 Holster

Orders are currently shipping in 7-10 days, but I expect that to return to our usual 3-5 day ship time next week.

Thanks!
    Clay

feature-small.jpg

http://www.ubgholsters.com/iwb.htm

Becker w forward cant!

4-7 week lead time
    Had one for my sp101 loved it.
    Will be ordering one for my lcr when I get my income tax refund.

Nate does excellent work
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Im a chubby guy too. I never could find a comfortable way to carry my 442 IWB. I carried in my right front pocket but i dont like the lack of retention and im not as confident of a shooter with the .38 vs my shield .40. Thin semi auto fits my waistband better.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    Title says it all. I'm thinking Remora, but not sure what size. Or any other suggestions on how to carry the LCR? I tried a pocket holster from Blackhawk, but not happy with the result. I also grabbed one of their IWB holsters, but it really sticks out, from 3 O'clock back. Appendix carry is a little tough with my belly in the way :) I'm considering OWB, but I'm looking for something for summer carry also. ANY suggestions are welcome! I have an Old Faithful holster kit on order for my SR9C, and may get the kydex so i can swap it out and try the LCR with it. But can you carry that way comfortable with cargo shorts and T shirts?
    I was also searching for a LCR holster and decided to take a chance. I found a reverseble IWB/OWB for $31 from Braids. I haven't really carried it except around the house and at the range.

So far, I've found it to stay in teh holster even when I hold it upside down and sahke it. However, it's not any type of speed draw quick access either. It's tucked away and I'd recommend tons of practice if you think you'll need to quick draw from this holster. The LCR grip is just too small and tucked too deep. It is easy to get our of the holster, just not easy to quickly get out of the holster. I've decided that it will would great and anytime I will need my CCW I'll have the extra 3-5 seconds it may take to get to it.

Ruger LCR Revolver Holster Shaped Leather Holster OWB Belt Holster | eBay

gun skins, gun skins by braids items in Holsters by BRAIDS store on eBay!

Your on the right track with the Remora, you would need the series #8R-CH if you plan on carrying both IWB and sometimes pocket, if you would be strictly using the Remora for pocket carry you would want the series #8R-UC. Some modifications to consider are the sweat shield even though the entire holster will protect the firearm from sweat the sweat shield modification has a little more material at the top to help prevent sweat from getting to the gun. Also consider the new Remora-Hyde leather lining it makes the holster even thinner than the standard but does weigh slightly more. Coupon code newyear25 will give you 25% off right now.

I just ordered a pancake type from HaysHolsters ( Jeff is a sponsor, a great guy who does fine work) but, in the meantime, I'm using a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and it works fine. I believe the model # of this one is either E 1 OR 13: can't figure which one is upside down! Good luck.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Im a big/chubby guy i pocket carry in a de santis nemisis. Waiting on boot grips houge do print a little so hope new grips will help.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future

I just got a Remora in, and it's awesome! I will be getting the boot grip when they're back in stock. I will also try a pancake style owb holster, just because :) Thanks for the help!

Links