Ladies belts?

Ladies belts?

This is a discussion on Ladies belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are a few threads about belts, however I was wondering if the ladies would be able to suggest a belt that doesn't ...

Thread: Ladies belts?

Question Ladies belts?

I know there are a few threads about belts, however I was wondering if the ladies would be able to suggest a belt that doesn't seem so, well, manly. I've been looking and not being able to see them in person I feel like they all look a little manly in the pictures. If any ladies out there have suggestions or experience to give me an idea of what to expect I would greatly appreciate it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Try Flashbang holsters, they are made by Looper Law enforcement.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Try Flashbang holsters, they are made by Looper Law enforcement.
    Yep, these look real cute, yet are "real" gun belts: The Pin-up Collection
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Looper makes good stuff, I have two of their "mens" belts.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Love the avatar, and welcome to DC.

They look manly because they're wide, and women's belts usually aren't (which is why the tiny or non-existent belt loops on women's wear are so often a problem). But you need some width to support the weight of a gun.

I have 3 gun belts: a velcro-backed Crossbreed: Gun Belt | Crossbreed Holsters - Gun Belts

A Galco CB2 "Firm Contour" belt: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

and a Galco CB3 Concealable Contour belt: Galco CB3 Concealable Contour Belt FREE S&H CB3-40H, CB3-38B, CB3-36B, CB3-38H, CB3-36H, CB3-42B, CB3-46H, CB3-34B, CB3-44H, CB3-44B, CB3-40B, CB3-34H, CB3-42H, CB3-32B, CB3-32H, CB3-46B. Galco Belts.

I like the Galco CB3 the best. It's tapered to be narrower in the front, which it gives it a more feminine look. It broke in quickly to lay flat against my waist. It goes with everything. I can wear it with business casual wear, western wear, or denim shorts, and it always looks looks like it matches my outfit because it's very 'neutral'.

Both Galco belts are very high quality overall, with a great finish. The CB2 is stiff and takes a lot longer to break in and conform to your shape. Until then, it's like a hula hoop and looks funny under clingy shirts. It does have better support for a heavy gun than the CB3.

I am a big believer in contour belts. Look at the well worn belts in your closet and you see they've taken on a gentle "U" shape to fit your curves. Contour belts have this built in at the start.

My Crossbreed does not even come close to the Galcos on fit and finish. It's serviceable, but rough finish on the edges, cheap hardware, straight cut, very 'men's' type belt. I only have it because it became too small to fit my husband.

2 more tips: Gun belts almost always have easily removable buckles, so don't worry about those if you don't like the look. You can easily change them out.

Also, look at gun belts at major retailers like Amazon, Optics Planet, and others. You can read buyer reviews on them, and they're often cheaper than buying from directly from the manufacturer.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Yep, these look real cute, yet are "real" gun belts: The Pin-up Collection
    I just ordered the Miss Be Havin belt, does anyone else have this belt?

We actually designed The Perfect Fit Belt with a woman's curves in mind. During the testing phase, we found that it had so many advantages over a standard belt that it should never be limited to one sex.

We suggest that most women would prefer the 1 1/4" belt, while most men would prefer the 1 1/2" belt. The Perfect Fit Belt automatically contours to the perfect arc for your body size and shape.

brandy4.jpg

Links