Beware

Beware

This is a discussion on Beware within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope this post is in the right place. A neighbor was talking with me today and ask me if I knew anything about Barsoy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beware

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar

Beware

I hope this post is in the right place. A neighbor was talking with me today and ask me if I knew anything about Barsoy Holster in the Portland area told him never heard of them so he related this story and I thought I would let all of you know about them. He placed a order on the 26th of Dec. on line and on the 28th he got a email saying the holster had shipped well today he called them and he said he could hardly understand the man on the phone and he could not get any info from him except that its was his problem. I said call credit card company and take care of it that way and then I told him to come to this site and check out the links for holsters and other gear. I have no idea what quality of holster they did not ship or what ever but just thought would pass info along to others.

Never heard of them. I will just stick with mainstream, proven companies. I hope your neighbor gets everything worked out.
    At one with the gun.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    It's Barsony here is there web site. Never heard of them either.

Barsony Holsters and Belts Home Page
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Looks like pretty generic stuff.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here is the internet WhoIs info on Barsony Holsters & Belts: click.

The web site doesn't seem to list any physical address, but the WhoIs info listing appears to. Uncertain if that's a home/business or just a POB. Might help, if you're not getting any love from either the business or ccard company.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Thanks will pass it on

I have one works for me I never had any problems at all
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I bought a Barsony IWB holster on eBay and it arrived quickly, just as described. Inexpensive, just plain leather with a metal clip. Comfortable to wear, but I haven't yet mastered reholstering easily. Maybe just need more practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a Barsony mag pouch and it works fine. The metal clip on it is as good a quality as the ones on my EDC holster. It arrived a week after I bought it with no problems of any kind.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Administrator
    I have seen their stuff all over ebay. It seems like a very mediocre quality leather company.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have dealt with Barsony Holsters a few times and received what I expected in a timely fashion........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

They sell a ton of stuff on eBay. I agree their stuff looks pretty generic. I've considered trying a mag pouch but I'm put off a little by their feedback score- 99.2%. That might seem high it's really not all that great; it shows they get a pretty decent amount of negative feedback. True, that happens sometimes through no fault of a seller but not 8 of every 1000 sales.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelpthompso View Post
    I bought a Barsony IWB holster on eBay and it arrived quickly, just as described. Inexpensive, just plain leather with a metal clip. Comfortable to wear, but I haven't yet mastered reholstering easily. Maybe just need more practice.

What do you mean by "mastered reholstering"? There's no rush to reholster.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Certainly not in a hurry to reholster, but it's difficult. Takes two hands and some finagling to get the gun back into the holster. It kind of collapses when empty. I'm not sure if that's a defect in the holster or just something I'll get better at with practice.That's what I meant by "mastering" the process.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    That shows that the holster wasn't built by someone who understands how a holster is supposed to function.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links