Looper Leather Kydex Belt - Mini Review

Looper Leather Kydex Belt - Mini Review

This is a discussion on Looper Leather Kydex Belt - Mini Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone else here have a Looper Leather kydex lined belt? If so do you love yours as much as I love mine? I think ...

Thumbs up Looper Leather Kydex Belt - Mini Review

Does anyone else here have a Looper Leather kydex lined belt? If so do you love yours as much as I love mine? I think this is a vastly underrated belt and very hard to beat for the money...I think mine was about $30. Thought I'd post a little bit of info on it in the event anyone is interested.

It comes in 5 widths as you can see above and 6 colors - you can see 5 of thembelow.

Buckle has snaps so it can be changed and you can have any length cut for you. This belt consists of two pieces of leather with a piece of Kydex sandwitched in between them to make the belt more rigid. If you are looking for a new belt, or if you don't yet have a good quality gun belt then I would suggest taking a good hard look at Looper. I've had my kydex belt for about a year now and it's held up extremely well and looks like it will be good to go for years to come. It's by far my favorit belt, and I even plan on picking up a few more in different colors. They are great to talk to on the phone and explain the measuring process very well if you've never had a custom belt cut for you then it's worth asking about this. They pointed out (and it makes sense) that you have to be careful measuring your fit for a belt like this because, unlike a 100% leather belt, this will simply not stretch at all so the measure twice cut once rule should be in effect here.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with a very good belt that I highly recommend. I have used my 1.5" belt with a Comp Tac C-T.A.C./G19 combo and it works very well indeed.

Comfort:

Value:

Customer Service:

Overall:

Administrator
    Looks Good!
    I remember years ago one belt guy making gun belts with a thin strip of springy Stainless steel between the two belt layers. That worked well also.
    $30.00 is a doggone good price fer a leather gun belt.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've got one of these and it has held up well for the year that I've had it. I now realize why gun belts are so much better than standard stuff. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

Plus, in my case I was supporting some fellow Okie's and that never hurts.

can you order direct from them?

They are here in Oklahoma City. I bought a leather holster from them a couple months ago. They are very nice and the shop is rather small.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    can you order direct from them?
    yep, forgot to mention that the website (www.looperleather.com) is their wholesale site. You just give them a call and they will send out your belt if they have your size in stock...I think mine went out the same day I ordered and I got it a few days later via USPS priority mail if I recall correctly.

cool, for $30 I think I'll give them a try, I need a tan colored belt anyways...

Distinguished Member
    +1 on the Looper belt, Ive had mine for a while now, going on the second year, very durable and sturdy, holds up my CZ P-01 and other guns no problem...
    RKBA

John

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Over the years I've had Looper Leather make up alot of different stuff for me. Drop holsters, mag pouches ect. For the past five years they have been the ones who made my badge and id cases. Real wonderful folks and just plain good people (what can one say... they are Okies) BOOMER SOONERS!!!

Stephen
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links