Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe and Belt with S&W M&P40c - GREAT!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe and Belt with S&W M&P40c - GREAT! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my order from Crossbreed in today, after a month wait (considering the holidays in between I am surprised it made it in ...

I just got my order from Crossbreed in today, after a month wait (considering the holidays in between I am surprised it made it in a month). I ordered December 10 and today is January 12, not bad.

My first impressions: The belt is top notch. I looked around at some other options and I liked the look of the buckle on the Crossbreed better. I was curious how thick the belt would come out to be, they say 1/4" but being a stiff gun belt I figured it would feel a lot thicker than it does. I have never had a gun belt before. In fact, I was shopping for a while for a nice stiffer belt. I hate how my regular belts wear out over time and stretch. I will be curious to see how well the Crossbreed holds up. Based on how stiff this thing is I can see it lasting a long time.

As to belt sizing - I followed exactly what the directions on their site say and the belt fits exactly how I measured it. That having been said - my belt fits with the gun in the center hole. If I leave the holster out and wear the belt as a normal belt (which I want the ability to do that) the belt fits at the second to last hole, and I could even go down to the last hole with light clothing. That doesn't leave much adjustability for me. If I could do it over again I would get the belt to fit, with the gun, in one of the forward holes - maybe the second to last hole on the big side. I have 3 holes on the big side that are worthless and none left on the small side to adjust. Just something to think about. I wish I thought through that more so maybe it will get others to think about it before they order as well.

The Supertuck Deluxe holster is really comfortable when it is in the right spot. It is a large holster, and the other side of it is the gun I have is not a small gun either. That having been said, I don't think I could get any better of a holster system.

The holster and belt combined: I got the velcro option on mine. I have not installed it yet, so I am just playing with the regular clips right now. The hold on the belt is solid. It is a pain in the butt to get the belt and holster on though, I need to work on my process. It took me over 5 minutes to get the system on - that isn't going to fly every time I go to the bathroom.

Now what sold me on getting a Crossbreed system:

1. The potential ability for me to tuck my shirt in. This the system does allow, and I must say it does it a HECK of a lot better than I imagined it would! The downside -maintaining concealment. This is of no fault of the system, I am having a hard time concealing my carry gun under the shirt I am wearing today - it is a tight fitting shirt so I'll try it with other shirts and see what I come up with. The biggest protrusion is the bottom of the grip/mag as it sticks behind me.

2. I wanted a nice strong belt. The belt I got surpasses what I expected, also.

3. Everyone I have talked to, on the forums and one of my CCW instructors, like theirs and highly recommended them.

I will join in #3 and highly recommend them to everyone on the forum also. Enjoy!

Did I mention these belts are awesome?

I use a dragon holster. They are located in my home town, and I got mine the next day. Took my gun in on Friday he did his thing and I picked it up during lunch hours Saturday. I own a crossbreed, and the Dragon is a much more comfortable tuck holster. No wait and only 64.20 taxes included.

Ive got a Galco king-tuk. Which is about the same style as the crossbreed. And with my m&p9c its the most comfortable holster Ive tryed so far.

I got the clips switched out to the J-hooks (velcro ones). Regardless of whether or not you can stand the clip being on the outside of the belt (standard ones) my advice is the velcro version makes the system a ton easier to set up. The reason being you don't have to pass the belt through the clips, or try to slide the clips over top the belt. I tried adjusting mine with the standard clips and the best way I found to do it was to pull the belt out, move the holster, and pull the belt back through. Depending on where you have the holster and it's proximity to a belt loop on your pants this can be a real PITA. The velcro clips let you put the holster where you want and put the belt on normally just passing it through the belt loops on your pants. It sits right down on top of the velcro pads and you're done. If you need to adjust the buckle's center position undo the buckle, pop the velcro off, slide the belt, push on the velcro pads, tighten the buckle, and you're done.

Another note is I got the narrow belt (1.25") and it works fine. I don't know that I would want a wider belt - if you have any other belt holsters (knives, multi-tools, pepper spray, what have you) make sure the belt width you get will fit the loops. I have a fixed blade knife, Bark River Gunny, that won't attach to my old belt because the loop on the holster was too small. The holster works with my Crossbreed belt, but it's tight.

Links