need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants

This is a discussion on need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure what size you wear, but I have a 36" Aker I have outgrown. It'll fit a 32-33" waist size perfectly. I am now ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants

Not sure what size you wear, but I have a 36" Aker I have outgrown. It'll fit a 32-33" waist size perfectly. I am now a 34. It's a 1.25" reinforced dress/gun belt. Black. I wear A suit or dress pants every day and it fits every pair of suit pants I own.

2. Remove Ads

AG Custom Gun Leather

AG Custom Gun Leather

Great guys, great belts.

Just got a belt from Bullhide Belts - don't like it, plan on sending it back - the leather is cracked on the back.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have this Black Bullhide Dress Belts in 1.25 inch. Good belt and Eric Moore really stands behind his product. Good Folks.
    “The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion but to arouse an active and mythical belief”- Jacques Ellul

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”- Joseph Goebbels

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    How about having the loops on your pants opened up a bit? A tailor, nice wife, or anyone with a thimble and some patience could probably do it. Usually the loops already have some extra "slack" but if not, if the pants/trousers are hemmed, fabric can be taken from the cuff to match.
    You lost me at 'nice wife'...
    aus71383 and Hedimitrius like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

got a couple of belts

I got 2 belts from Jerry at jbgunbelts.com. They look good, I'll post a review and some pics after a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by codan View Post
    So I've got a double layer lather gun belt from a small manufacturer. Great belt, very sturdy. Great for IWB.

But it simply doesn't work for the clothes I wear. It's so thick that it barely fits through the loops once, and there's no way the end will feed back through.

Can't buy all new pants.

So I'm looking for
    1) 1.25 to 1.5 belt
    2) single layer of leather or single layer of leather with some sort of 'plastic' reinforcement (webbing would be a DISTANT third choice)
    3) really don't want the 'tacticool' look and it wouldn't fit it where I work

Suggestions?

Thanks.
    This is what I use; best gun belt ever IMHO.........
    BLADE-TECH Reinforced Looper Gun Belt - Solid Color 1.5"-1.75"
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Filson makes a nice belt

I have a Galco dress belt and it's great if you need the super stiff reinforced style of that belt. I liked it because it will be durable however I get tired of threading a stiff belt with minimum flexibility into my pants. I have recently (4 months ago) purchased a leather belt from Filson. It's a black 1-1/2" model that they make out of bridle leather (whatever that is?) and it has held up great so far. Now I normally pocket carry, so I'm actually looking for some dress slacks or khakis that have reinforced pockets for pocket carry (LCP) but I think this belt would hold up to small to medium size guns carried IWB or OWB too. One thing I've noticed is that I tend to wear my belt rather snug, so on cheaper belts the holes tend to open up a little and the ones on this belt have not opened up AT ALL. Good luck.

I'll second the Blackhawk belt, a lot of people cringe at the mention of Blackhawk but I have one and it has served me well for almost a year of 5 day a week wear. I work in a corporate environment so I have to wear nice clothes usually and although I don't carry in the office usually, I still wear my CCW belt in case I decide to put my weapon on.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    You may wish to consider this....I was told it was not a good gun belt but after going and looking for myself and trying it on with cc weapon in owb leather holster I can tell you it is a good gun belt. stiff but not inflexible and will fit fine for the trousers you are wearing...I have tons of Dockers and dress slacks and this belt is perfect. No slag or slack. Well made.

5.11 Tactical 1-1/2 Leather Casual Belt - Gander Mountain
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    You may wish to consider this....I was told it was not a good gun belt but after going and looking for myself and trying it on with cc weapon in owb leather holster I can tell you it is a good gun belt. stiff but not inflexible and will fit fine for the trousers you are wearing...I have tons of Dockers and dress slacks and this belt is perfect. No slag or slack. Well made.

5.11 Tactical 1-1/2 Leather Casual Belt - Gander Mountain
    I'll second this one. I wear mine daily, with anything from jeans to dress pants, iwb, owb, supertuck. Probably about 1-1/2 years old and still holding up well.

+1 on AG custom Gun Leather. I buy the 1 1/4" belts and they are absolutely superb. Double layered, firm but not so firm that they are inflexible. The best belts I have purchased in 30+ years of concealed carry.
    tmoore912 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by codan View Post
    But it simply doesn't work for the clothes I wear. It's so thick that it barely fits through the loops once, and there's no way the end will feed back through.

Can't buy all new pants.
    Perhaps not, but you can re-do the belt loops on most pants. And if the choice is having an inferior gun belt or making some other accommodation, adjustment of the loops might well be all you need to do. Plus, doing that gives you an opportunity to have the loops be in your preferred spot and as wide as you'd like, as well as allowing for a belt of the given size (ie, 1.5" wide) you want.

In future, of course, as you swap out the old and purchase new, replacement, clothing, do so with an eye to allowing for effective concealment.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    AG Custom Gun Leather

AG Custom Gun Leather

Great guys, great belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    +1 on AG custom Gun Leather. I buy the 1 1/4" belts and they are absolutely superb. Double layered, firm but not so firm that they are inflexible. The best belts I have purchased in 30+ years of concealed carry.
    Another user of A&G Custom Gun Leather. Al is a great guy to deal with and I use his 1.25' belts for business attire carry.

I have several of his belts and have used them for years.

His Black 1.25' belt with dress wool slacks using a Milt Sparks Summer Special II with bobtailed 1911.

A&G light brown 1.25' belt with dress khakis using Summer Special II with a G19.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I use a dress gun belt from The Beltman for everything from business attire to casual wear, to even duty use. Does it all.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Nice I have a friend who is a local cobbler & makes some nice Bridle leather belts for apx $20.00 Bucks. I bought a few from him over the years for my CC holsters. and for the $$$$$$$ they wear like Iron & come with a nice Buckle also in the 1 1/2" thick size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links