need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants

This is a discussion on need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've got a double layer lather gun belt from a small manufacturer. Great belt, very sturdy. Great for IWB. But it simply doesn't work ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants

need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants

So I've got a double layer lather gun belt from a small manufacturer. Great belt, very sturdy. Great for IWB.

But it simply doesn't work for the clothes I wear. It's so thick that it barely fits through the loops once, and there's no way the end will feed back through.

Can't buy all new pants.

So I'm looking for
    1) 1.25 to 1.5 belt
    2) single layer of leather or single layer of leather with some sort of 'plastic' reinforcement (webbing would be a DISTANT third choice)
    3) really don't want the 'tacticool' look and it wouldn't fit it where I work

Suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I wear this one, all day every day.
    XDS IWB and OWB.

Orion Leather Company

"...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

TOF
    I also reccomend Galco
    smolck likes this.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

I've got two FatBoy Belts that I really love. They are single layer but still pretty thick. I'm not sure how thin Curt goes on his belts. It's got a different look to it so it may not be what you are after. He has an Etsy page that he sells from.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I bought a belt at BJ's the other day since my current belt was dead and I couldn't really wait on a mail order belt. It is a Levi's, solid leather, quite sturdy, and very fashionable. It was only 16 bucks and gives me plenty of support for my Walther PK380 on my OWB holster.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

The Galco SB1 and SB3 are true dress belts with tapered edges and a reinforcement liner designed to support a light to medium weight handgun. The SB3 1 1/2" fits the loops of my Sunday-go-to meetin' suits.

Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

How about having the loops on your pants opened up a bit? A tailor, nice wife, or anyone with a thimble and some patience could probably do it. Usually the loops already have some extra "slack" but if not, if the pants/trousers are hemmed, fabric can be taken from the cuff to match.

If your double layer belt is 1.75" and your holsters are the same....getting a new belt isn't "cheaper" or "easier" than just altering belt loops.

Austin

I ran into that with some evil dress pants that I had to wear recently. I wan't carrying but the only belt I have is my Black Crossbreed belt. It went through the loops snugly but when I got around to putting the excess through a loop again well it was tough but I got it in there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Beltman.net look nice enough for any occasion, not too fancy for every occasion.
    pgrass101, shooterX and aus71383 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I use a CrossBreed and Galco, they work well for me.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I have two Bullhide belts that are excellent but are a bit thick. For dress pant you might want to look into dress belts made for carry that have a stiffener built in such as Beltman makes. Their site should provide some good information about what your looking for.
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS There are other makers that are good belts so I'm not trying push anyone. These belts are bit pricey but will last you a lifetime.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Several mentioned Galco. They have nice belts that are much dressier (IMO) than most. You might be able to get away with one of my favorites in the "economical" market, the Aker B21. The black one I have is quite nice for dress pants and exceptionally stiff. Galco still has offerings that are much dressier though.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Senior Moderator
    I like beltman belts but I also have a Blackhawk Carbon fiber reenforced belt that I like BLACKHAWK! CQC Pistol Belts - BLACKHAWK!
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links