Leather or Hybrid holster?

This is a discussion on Leather or Hybrid holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dangerfield From what I have seen, 100.00 won't buy a decent leather on. A hybrid is less expensive than leather. You can ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Leather or Hybrid holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    From what I have seen, 100.00 won't buy a decent leather on. A hybrid is less expensive than leather.
    You can buy quality leather holsters in numerous configurations all day long from many makers.

I like High Noon holsters and especially their Public Secret model.
    Attached Images
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

2. Remove Ads

GH
    I don't think I ever spent more than $50-$70 for a holster, some a lot less. All kinds - Kydex, leather, hybrid, even nylon. All were OWB & all worked well & held up fantastically. I use them all depending on the type of clothes I'm wearing & the circumstances. Leather is probably my favorite because - well... they're leather. No other particular reason. I've never had a retention or drawing problem.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I have the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters and it is an excellent holster...very comfortable.

I buy a replacement kydex for each of my handguns just in case I want to change my carry gun.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

Your gun is a very important tool and a if it happens to get a little "rub mark" on the finish so what as long as it goes bang when it needs to.

If you want a gun to stay in absolute perfect condition buy an identical gun, wrap it in a diaper and lock it away in a safe and never handle it.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

So many decent options out there for less than $100. I'm pretty evenly split between Kydex and leather with the slight edge to leather.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I like supporting local business and have been satisfied with their products, this is a local manufacturer near me I have bought from quite often.

Wild Bill's Concealment | Holsters and Accessories for Concealed Carry

This is my EDC in their Covert Carry Holster.

Attachment 66666
    Just read up on the holster and am interested in one for a PM9 I'll be buying soon. But I wonder if you appendix carry and if so, do you find the forward cant uncomfortable when sitting? I only appendix carry my SP101 and rock the gun in the opposite direction for comfort when sitting.

Check out Holsterpros Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A. model 722. Very nice holster and good quality. Paul is the owner and a really great guy to work with.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    A $100 won't buy a decent leather holster? Well, not one made of albino python & lined with yeti scrotum. But you can bet your boots (even Lucchese Boots) that you can buy a perfectly functional leather holster for $100. The Milt Sparks Summer Special II comes immediately to mind.

Yeti scrotum is the only way to go IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    A $100 won't buy a decent leather holster? Well, not one made of albino python & lined with yeti scrotum.
    LOL

I bought a Desantis pancake holster for my S&W 9mm and it was only $50. For IWB I have a kydex holster from Old Faithful...it was also $50. I think you can find something to fit your needs for $100. Maybe check out extremeconcealment.com.

I am saving up though...for one of those yeti scrotum models....

You didn't say what kind of gun you bought but if you prefer an OWB holster I highly recommend a Blackhawk Serpa. I have one for my XD40 and really like it. For IWB I wear Crossbreed hybrids. All are less than $100.
    If you would enslave a people, first you must disarm them.

~ Adolf Hitler
    ~ Mein Kampf

I have been happy with my Foxx Holsters Lil Foxx. It's a hybrid of great quality, excellent retention, and very little break-in. $40.00
    They shipped and I received it in 5 days.
    Home

I have a Foxx Holsters Lil Foxx, a hybrid. $40.00, good quality, fast turn around (5 days delivered), very comfortable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links