Glock 36 gun and magazine holster recommendations

This is a discussion on Glock 36 gun and magazine holster recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I have a pretty good idea on the holsters I plan to use for my Glock 36 once my CCW arrives but I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 36 gun and magazine holster recommendations

Hi all, I have a pretty good idea on the holsters I plan to use for my Glock 36 once my CCW arrives but I'd still like to hear what others with the 36 are using. What I'm also very interested in is what everyone uses for their backup magazines? Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

You tell us your ideas first. Then we'll get a better idea of your budget, your experience & your wisdom.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I carry OWB. I have Brommeland Def-Con's with matching single mag carriers. If I carried IWB I'd carry a Brommeland Max-Con. I have the same set-up for every Glock I own. That's how much I like it.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/index.htm

Gary's leather is very pricey, but represents the pinnacle of the art. He is up there in the stratosphere with a small group of true leather artisans.

I realize there is some difference,but,i just got the glock30sf,and all i have is just the blackhawk serpa level 2 for mine.Always looking myself,what holster are you thinking about getting?

Pro Carry IWB. Blackhawk paddle. Belly band. As for mags, it will be singles. I want the option of carrying 1 or 2 extra. Have the pierce +1 on one mag now. Plan to add it to the second mag and I'm buying a third mag as well to give me 2 backups. The belly band will handle the mags. I don't think I want to pocket the mags. I will pocket 1 from time to time and in the summer, if wearing cargo shorts, it's easy. I'm looking for the wisdom of others!!!! No budget constraints. THose are my thoughts. I'm interested in what experienced people are doing. I have carried the 36 before. I had my CCW previously, let it expire. This is years ago. Getting it back. Didn't feel it was necessary to have but my opinion has changed, especially with a family to take care of now which I didn't have back then. I'm looking at other carry pistols as well but that's a subject for another threat!! I've had the 36 for years.

I use this for my pocket carry with a G36: Pocket Holsters

haven't considered pocket carry for it until earlier today. I guess it never crossed my mind with the G36 but your post and another thread I saw have me thinking!

Pocket carry works great in Cargo shorts. I also use one of those bedside.

Here is my current carry setup for my G19

Blackhawk Sportster CQC holster
    Factory Glock Mag Carrier
    Insight M3X with Fobus M3 Light carrier

I don't always carry the Insight M3X and Holster, but I like that I don't need to find a special holster and leave the light on, yet I can have the light for late night use if needed.

If I find a good paddle style mag carrier I might pick one up so everything can be slipped on and off.

The Blackhawk Sportster CQC holster comes with both Belt and paddle attatchment plates
    The paddle includes 2 removable hooks that grip the bottom of your belt to prevent riding up when drawing
    adjustable for cant and even cross draw
    Excellent adjustable retention and a smooth and easy draw

thanks for the feedback everyone. I like all the opinions and options.

J_B

I carry my 36 AIWB in a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2.

Sponsor
    I carry my Glock in a SHTF Gear ACE-1 holster. You can find one for your G36 here.

Glock 36 ACE-1 Holster

For a mag carrier, I prefer a horizontal OWB carrier.

SHTF Gear Horizontal Magazine Carrier

My carry gun is a Glock 36 and I carry in a serpa in the winter and Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster in the summer.
    Molon Labe

My G36 IWB is a Garret Industries Silent Thunder. I really like it for appendix carry. I forget it's there even when sitting down.

My OWB is a Fobus standard paddle. Despite what detractors say I find it to be a great holster for the money. Sits very flat at 4 O'clock.

Dual mag holders- Also Fobus paddle.
    “The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion but to arouse an active and mythical belief”- Jacques Ellul

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”- Joseph Goebbels

When I got my 36 I sought similar advice. Based on the feedback I receivd from members who have more experience and skills than me, for IWB I looked at:
    HighNoon Public Secret Public Secret w/clip and the
    Fist #1A FIST, INC.

For OWB I like the model 722 from Holsterpro Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links